Squeaky Front end | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Squeaky Front end

John G

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
My 93' Eddue Bauer Explorer has a front end squeak when going over bumps or coming to a stop. It is pretty loud and I have heard other Explorers and various 4 x 4's and vans with the exact same squeak. Any idea's on what could be causing it?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Sallad420

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL 4WD
The best place to start is use the SEARCH feature at the top of this page.

There is TONS of threads on squeaking/creaking/klunking/popping, etc.

I'm in the process of fixing, well trying to fix, the creaking/sweaking noises coming from my front end as well.

I have found it's most likely my Sway Bar endlinks or Sway Bar Bushings (main ones), it could be something different for you. As I said try searching and read what people say to help narrow the problem down further.Searching is a lot faster than waiting for someone to respond.

<

Garth

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mt Vernon NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer
Sallad420
Did you get the problem solved?

<

Sallad420

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL 4WD
Garth, I have the new end links, still waiting for the main bushings to arrive. They've been on back order from Moog for almost a month now. Once I get them in, I'll start by replacing them and see if that helps the squeaking noise.

Next step is the wheel bearings. Still looking for a cheaper set. They are $400 (CDN) a side!

<

RickOTR

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport 4X4
Just get a can of synthetic lube and spray the bushings. I have to do it to mine about every four months or the noise will drive me nuts.

<

Garth

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mt Vernon NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer
Do you have a name for the lube, RickOTR? I may have to ask, and the guys at the parts store dont know much.

<

RickOTR

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport 4X4
Just go to wal-mart or any auto parts store and tell them you need the lubrication spray in a can. I use slick 50, but there are many other brands out there.

<