• Register Today It's free!

Squeaky Front end

John G

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
My 93' Eddue Bauer Explorer has a front end squeak when going over bumps or coming to a stop. It is pretty loud and I have heard other Explorers and various 4 x 4's and vans with the exact same squeak. Any idea's on what could be causing it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The best place to start is use the SEARCH feature at the top of this page.

There is TONS of threads on squeaking/creaking/klunking/popping, etc.

I'm in the process of fixing, well trying to fix, the creaking/sweaking noises coming from my front end as well.

I have found it's most likely my Sway Bar endlinks or Sway Bar Bushings (main ones), it could be something different for you. As I said try searching and read what people say to help narrow the problem down further.Searching is a lot faster than waiting for someone to respond.

Sallad420
Did you get the problem solved?

Garth, I have the new end links, still waiting for the main bushings to arrive. They've been on back order from Moog for almost a month now. Once I get them in, I'll start by replacing them and see if that helps the squeaking noise.

Next step is the wheel bearings. Still looking for a cheaper set. They are $400 (CDN) a side!

Just get a can of synthetic lube and spray the bushings. I have to do it to mine about every four months or the noise will drive me nuts.

Do you have a name for the lube, RickOTR? I may have to ask, and the guys at the parts store dont know much.

Just go to wal-mart or any auto parts store and tell them you need the lubrication spray in a can. I use slick 50, but there are many other brands out there.

Back