• Register Today It's free!

Squealing Brakes

cole.crowder

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
My brakes have been squealing ever since i got my 98 explorer sport. It only happens whenever you press the brakes half way down and it doesnt even do it everytime. I replaced my brake pads and turned my rotors but that didnt help. Its only coming from the rear. I also noticed that my emergency brake shoes are slightly cracked, but it doesnt seem like this would be a problem because they are not used in normal braking. Also the brake pad on the outside of the rotor is wearing unevenly. Towards the center of the rotor, the pads dont seem to be touching, i dont know if this could be a reason for it or not. Please give me any adivice you can. I leave for college Friday morning and i need to get this taken care of before i leave. Please reply ASAP. Thanks.

cole.crowder@sbcglobal.net

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh man my wife is about too divorce me over this same thing lol i have a 2000 sport i have replaced rotors and brakes can get it too stop....tryed the spray from autozone last about a week back too the same old noise...

when you replace the brakes, dont get the cheapest brakes. get the ceramic ones. they wont squeal. if u get cheap pads, no matter how many cheap pads u get, they will always squeal.

I would try dove tailing the pads. I just replaced all my pads and rotors all around because of the squeaking. Mine no longer squeaks. Take a grinder and smooth out the edges and do not use crappy pads. Get ceramic pads. No autozone junk.

found some spray at the local advance it was about $6 bucks and it did the trick.i

Back