Squeeky front bushings, what best to use? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Squeeky front bushings, what best to use?

nasmeyer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
My front bushings (sway bar?) are squeeking again. I have used silicone in the past, but have been told that axle grease would be better. I thought axle grease would rot the rubber after a while?

What product works best and won't damage the rubber, Lithium grease, axle grease, or silicone spray?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just replaced mine with Moog bushings. Have been squeak free since. I was using WD40 for a month or 2 but the squeak came back a few weeks later everytime. Replacing them is easy and can be done without removing the sway bar.

I've used wheel bearing grease on mine several times. Doesn't seem to be harming them.

I have used the "waterproof" boat wheel bearing grease (pink stuff), also no ill effects.

Just replace them with the Moog bushings and be done with it. I did and have not had a problem since.

I added a grease zerk to the assembly and shoot fresh grease into them when they become squeaky.

i replaced mine with the stock ones about 20k miles ago. been good since.

How much are the moog ones?

Back