SS Brake Lines | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SS Brake Lines

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN for now...or forever
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 EB
Of all the threads I've seen on here regarding brakes, they all refer to pad or rotor recomendations or upgrades, and slotted-drilled, etc...

I am going to do a pad change this week end and will probably do a fluid change too.

While doing that I would like to upgrade to a stainless steel brake line but cannot find any for the 2001 Ex.

Does anyone manufacture a SS brake line kit for the Ex?

Is there any others that will fit, like from an f-150 or expidition?

Has anyone here retrofitted them on there Explorer?

As usual...Thanks in advance for all comments, questions or derogatory remarks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which lines are you looking at doing? When I replaced my rear brake line from one wheel to the other, I just got the pre-flared one and bent it to shape (rent the tube bender, trust me) I also ended up replacing the pass side brake hose as the nut was rusted on and it is cheap. I would also suggest getting some banjo bolts to have lying around for the brake hose to caliper. Maybe some extra of the washers if you can find them. The bolt is easy to break and the worst time to try and go buy one (if you can find it) is when the suv is up in the air and dripping brake fluid at 7pm in the dark and you have to drive to 7 different stores to find one. That is just my opinion though, not like I have any exp in that.... :)

And if you are going all out, get new calipers while you are in there or at least new bleeder bolts as they are easy to rust on the caliper as well.

Looking at replacing the rubber hoses that connect to the calipers.

I got some ahem... J**p cough cough lines from my buddy who is a Rough Country dealer. As long as one end is a banjo and the other threads on correctly...

I got some ahem... J**p cough cough lines from my buddy who is a Rough Country dealer. As long as one end is a banjo and the other threads on correctly...

Sweet!!!
Got any part numbers or anything to go by?
Wrangler,CJ, Compass...What???

I haven't installed them yet, have to go looking for them.

Let me know when you get a chance.
I will bedoing a pad replacement today, and maybe a fluid flush.

I would like to put the SS lines on for the added brake feel in the future if I can.

These are for a 1st gen, I don't know what your calipers look like and no idea what size your hard lines are either.... Rough Country pn 89702 for TJ, XJ, YJ

Definitely do a fluid flush.

I guess my point is that these aren't for my truck but will do what I want safety. Look around and find something that will work.

Back