ST Aftermarket Exhaust Systems thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ST Aftermarket Exhaust Systems thread

It depends on How Loud?:)

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Borla S-type installed today. Love the sound. Deep and just loud enough to sound present.
3D6AF87E-A624-4EB0-B348-59FCEEB4A8C6.jpeg
82B94756-B5CF-45B1-8664-B718DF88954D.jpeg
30246892-48EE-434E-B7FD-E2732708D45D.jpeg
8AB76403-31CB-43FE-BEBF-1C4EFFDB8856.jpeg

The real gains will come from high flow cats and downpipes

Some clips that were posted on Youtube recently with Borla s-type. I want to hear the Atak, and what the magnaflow will sound like.

Just an FYI for those doing a borla exhaust - the tips are positioned so close together they collect tiny rocks like CRAZY! And only a pressure washer gets them out. Design flaw for sure for early adapters. I’ve notified borla maybe they eventually figure out a fix.

Just an FYI for those doing a borla exhaust - the tips are positioned so close together they collect tiny rocks like CRAZY! And only a pressure washer gets them out. Design flaw for sure for early adapters. I’ve notified borla maybe they eventually figure out a fix.

A little dust is not a big deal. I am ready to order BorlaStype. Is this the part number? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bor-140820BC. 140820BC? $1200 is not a bad price.

With the borla exhaust there is no sound difference in the different modes really

Does anyone know why they felt the need to make that awful fake sound in sport mode?
Is there any drone at all at cruising speed?

What do you guys do with your original exhaust? Just throw it away or try to sell it on ebay?

What do you guys do with your original exhaust? Just throw it away or try to sell it on ebay?
There is a 'Classified' section on this site as well as a 'For Sale' thread on both the 5th and 6th gen Forums for Elite Explorer members. Not much of a demand for those OEM exhausts though.

Peter

I Still have the exhaust sitting in my garage for my 2015 Mustang GT LE. one piece from the cats back to tips. Anyone want it??

Does anyone know why they felt the need to make that awful fake sound in sport mode?
Is there any drone at all at cruising speed?
Because a lot of people are stupid and think something impressive is. happening to add power. You can confuse MANY people into thinking loud=more power.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol ........... I am making wind chimes out of my old exhaust tips ................... :bounce:

Back