ST frame hiders??

toad

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Blue Point, Ontario, CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
I got sick of my running boards chunking up with mud and slush etc. and pulled them off, now from the side view you can see a whole lotta frame hanging down. I can live with this but if there is a option out there I would be interested in how it looked.

Anyway, the question are, did any tracs not come with running boards in certain trim levels??, if so there should be a factory option for this, but Ive never seen any.

The regular explorers in xls trim , some had this trim instaed of running boards and it can be purchased, but Im sure it would be too short for the ST as our rear doors dont have the fender cut into them.

How it looks on the regular EX, apparently available for 06 and up as well.
rnpca3661-vi.jpg

Cheers, Todd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All tracs have running boards stock... No matter what trim level

Running boards.

When I bought my 2008 I was surprised to find that, according to the dealer, not all STs come with running boards. I didn't care if it had them but I didn't like the look of the frame and the stuff running along the frame. I bought and installed running boards. It was obvious that there had never been any boards installed. Since then I have seen a few STs without them but very few. I bought the LDT boards on ebay and installed them on my XLT. My foot rarely touches mine but I like the looks.

When I bought my 2008 I was surprised to find that, according to the dealer, not all STs come with running boards. I didn't care if it had them but I didn't like the look of the frame and the stuff running along the frame. I bought and installed running boards. It was obvious that there had never been any boards installed. Since then I have seen a few STs without them but very few. I bought the LDT boards on ebay and installed them on my XLT. My foot rarely touches mine but I like the looks.
Hmm, iv never seen a sport trac around where I live without running boards, only a few with aftermarket running boards!

Good to know!

I don't have running boards on mine (07 XLT), they weren't on it when I bought it used. Here's how mine looks, I don't mind and have gotten used to seeing the frame.

22365_696557047261_33006634_38971229_5397277_n.jpg

Back