Stadx2's 98 Limited Lift Pics | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stadx2's 98 Limited Lift Pics

Yes, Yes, Yes I know this took forever, but here they are.

This is a list of my mods Iv'e done so far:
Suspension;
-Front; 4 inch Superlift (for a Ranger) +1 inch Torsion twist
-Rear; 5.5 inch Superlift (for 91-94 Explorers) Spring-over-axle Conversion
-2 inch Performance Accessories Body Lift w/98 Ranger bumper brackets
-Eagle 589 15x10 alloy wheels
-33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler MT-R
-Rancho RS-9000 Shocks

Engine;
-Perma-Cool Electric Radiator Fan w/ adjustable T-stat
-KKM air intake

Audio/Video;
-Classified-

Here's a before pic.
site1_t.JPG

Here are some afters........
graphic_pub.jpg

site1018_t.JPG

site1019_t.JPG

site1020_t.JPG

Here's my Explorer hauling my WR to the mountains.
site1021_t.JPG

I installed a DVD player in the center counsel using a Toshiba home player.
This comes in handy on long trips.
site1022_t.JPG

site1023_t.JPG

site1024_t.JPG

site1025_t.JPG

site1026_t.JPG

Hope you enjoyed!

Darren
Littleton, CO

-Front 4 inch Superlift(Ranger)+1 inch Torsion Twist
-Rear 5.5 inch Superlift SOA
-2 inch PA body lift
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler MT-Rs
-KKM Air Intake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Decide what shocks you want then make measurements of fully compressed, ride height, and full droop for the shocks then call and see if they can match you up with something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by taxxman2k
stadx2 -
are you still running the stock driveshaft? Have you had any problems with vibration or binding? Have you wheeled it since the install and how many miles are on it since the install? (these last few are only if you are running the factory shaft)

Thanks
Dave

Dave,

I had a feeling you would be asking me this, especially after Jeff Sauser said he did nothing with his driveshafts.
My rear driveshaft is stock. Its never vibrated or binded forward or reverse, and contrary to popular belief, I do go wheeling with my truck. I just don't beat the living s**t out it like some people I know! Its my daily driver, need I say more. I'm not sure why, I think its your shorter wheelbase, being a Sport and all, is the reason your shaft is binding and mine does not. In fact, my pinion angle is no where near as extreme as yours.
I have put about 15,000 miles on since I lifted my truck.
What did you do about your front driveshaft? I had to have one custom made with a circular flange on one end to fit into the transfer-case and a double carden joint instead of the "CV" joint my stock shaft has.

nice ride! Looks too clean though! Hit some muddy trails

that is sweet man u need a exhuast system!! duals out the back!!

Originally posted by mudslogger
that is sweet man u need a exhuast system!! duals out the back!!

Yeah this thread is about a year and a half old. Since then I've done quite a bit more things to it. Including dual exhaust using SuperTrapp mufflers, AWD to 4WD Control Trac swap, new wheels, 20g MP3 player, more lights, ect,ect.....

What did you do for a rear brake line? If you remove your rear sway bars, the line won't be long enough.

havnt had time to read all the posts yet. I am curious if the ranger lift can be used on a 96 limited x? or just 98 and up?

hey do you have any tire clearince problems when turning. ihave a 2000 mountaineer with a 4" super lift 3" body lift and i have 33 by 12.50 and my tires are kicked way out and when turn sharp they rub on bumper and the lower fender

Back