• Register Today It's free!

Stainless Brake lines

Trainmstr

Reaction score
City, State
Winter Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Looking to purchase stainless steel brake lines for my ride. Tried internet with no luck. Does anyone stock SS brakelines for this truck?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Need more info...I assume you're looking for the braided stainless brake lines.
Is this stock replacement for 2wd or do you need extended lines for a lift?
Almost all the major lift companys have these lines. Russell also makes them for street vehicles. Places like Summit or Jegs will carry them and just about any place that sells 4wd parts will carry them.

It's for a stock 2WD. You are correct it is the braided lines. I tried Jegs and Summit, neither had the lines listed on-line.

You may just have to go with the extended lines if you want them that bad.
I'd give either Summit or Jegs a call and see what's available...they don't always list what's available online.

www.russellperformance.com has the replacement stainless brakelines for a 91-94 Ex but I bet you'd be able to use them on yours as i'm sure the fittings would match up but don't quote me on that. A little more investigating on that would clarify things...good luck.

Nothing was available for the 2nd gen. last year when I was looking. A couple of months ago I noticed that a local store advertised that they could make SS lines.

Last month I had a pair of my front lines remade into stainless steel. I brought them a pair of front lines, and they cut off and reused one end. The other end they had in stock. My store here is a Royal Brass and Hose.

Look around at hydraulic line making stores, and ask if you can get brake lines made. Good luck,
DonW

Did you try tirerack.com?

Nevermind, just looked... they don't got 'em neither...

Back