• Register Today It's free!

Stalled and won't start.

mgen

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
1998 Explorer 5.0L ok i've read this site till my brain is swollen lol. It stalled while driving it cranks over and does not start, no dash lights at all only a 2 second theft light which seems to be ok, when i turn the key to the on position, i checked the PCM relay and all fuses its getting power, cannot get a DTC read with a scanner... it errors out when i run it, help is much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

re check your fuses, preferably with a meter. When you put your key in the ignition and turn to "run" (on), does your theft light eventually go out OR rapidy flashing OR go solid???? IF you check engine light does not come on in "run", you are not getting voltage to your PCM.

No Start Solved

Hey guys thanks for the replies i really think this site is the best.
Well by the way the problem i finally solved with the the no start was that it turned out to be the Clifford ignition automobilier thats been on the truck since i bought it and it worked fine all these years of owning the explorer till it stalled out while driving then it would crank but not start, i checked everything and i mean everything PATS, fuses, PCM and narrowed it down to a no power problem to the ignition circuit to the Clifford Ignition Automobilizer not working to supply power to the ignition circuit.

Back