• Register Today It's free!

Stalled out

Trebor

Reaction score
City, State
Bridgeport,Ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer 4X4
so tadoay i dropped wifey off at the doctors and when i went to back into a parking spoit the truck stalled out, i waited a few seconds and then started it up again and it ran perfectly fine. i backed into the spot and turned the truck off. afterwards i went to work and again it did the same thing, it stalled out while backing up. it has only done it twice as i tried to see if it wuld do it again when i got home but it didnt. anyone have any ideas as to why it would stall out like that out of nowhere?

iac has been cleaned along with Maf, fresh oil, fresh power steering fluid, new brakes, air filter. i dunno what it could be. its a '98 ex 4X4 OHV with 112,000 miles on her

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One possibility is you have a little water in your gas. On occasion I have had that problem.

Has the fuel filter been changed recently? I had an old Accord that had symptoms similar to yours...changed the fuel filter and she ran fine.

no fuel filter hasnt been changed, was gonna do it on my next oil change whitch i just checked and im actually due for it. i thought i had just changed it but wifey said it was on my stepfathers truck so i got it mixed up, lol. well i guess i know what ill be doing tomarrow

also im gonna drop a bottle of dry gas in the tank to see if that does anything as far as water being in the tank. hopefully doing this will fix the problem

Back