• Register Today It's free!

Stalling Issue

Wolfie_85

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
I had an issue where my truck would stall when I turned the wheel to back into a spot, or when the AC would kick on when in gear and at a stop. I figured, "It's gotta be the IAC". So, I got a new IAC today, and it still does it. Before I go tearing into stuff, is there something I'm missing? What else could it be?

It runs perfectly fine, otherwise.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure, but have you cleaned the maf and checked the tps? Are you getting a check engine light? Good luck with it!

No CEL, no codes. Haven't checked the TPS yet. Good call, though.

Stalling would more likely be Camshaft sensor.

Not sure..curious though. These rando' stalling first gen threads are intriguing. Haven't had the pleasure...yet

Battery is new. It just seems like it's not giving itself throttle when it should (i.e. when the AC compressor kicks on when in gear, or if you're turning the wheel at very low speed). At start-up, sometimes it'll stall when it starts to come down, or stumble and then idle fine.

It was...a battery cable.

It was...a battery cable.

How so? I'm curious as to how this could happen. Maybe not enough RPM to keep the alternator putting out juice and without power the computer died?

That's what I'm thinking. But ever since I took care of the cables, it hasn't stalled at idle. Nothing else has changed. My reaction was the same.

A bad connection will create resistance which draws current, which in turn causes a voltage drop. You may be reading 12v at the batt but the PCM and ICM are only seeing 10v and drop out.

Hi! I know this is an old post but my 2002 4.6L V8 is having that problem! It stalled a couple of times when turning the wheels at low speed. I checked the system and there is no error message nor engine light.

I will check the battery cable and see what happens!

If it is stalling under load, i.e. the power steering pump, my guess would be the idle air control or a vacuum leak.

Back