wjg

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS
hi guys :)

im having this problem with my truck:
when i turn it on, and turn on the A/C, RPMs bounce up and down and it almost stalls. When i put it in Drive, it stalls and it would only move forward if i put it in 1. also, when i get it moving and put it back to Drive, the truck feels like the 4th gear engages (kinda like wanting to accelerate a manual car from a stop in 5th gear) and it shudders a LOT. i cleaned the MAF just now and the problem persists...

any ideas?? 00 XLS 4.0 SOHC

thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check for leaks on intake manifold and surrounding vacuum hoses.

had almost same probs turned out to be a cracked spark plug

where is the IAC located?...i recently cleaned the MAF and some kind of valve that goes on top of the intake manifold. BTW the truck has 120k miles and the spark plugs are the ones that came with the truck back in 00 lol...which spark plugs do you recommend?

where is the IAC located?...i recently cleaned the MAF and some kind of valve that goes on top of the intake manifold. BTW the truck has 120k miles and the spark plugs are the ones that came with the truck back in 00 lol...which spark plugs do you recommend?

On top of the intake manifold.

Attachments

• DSC01890.jpg
    DSC01890.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 162

yes, i cleaned that on the weekend and it hasnt happened again. i also set the TPS to .96 :)

what about the spark plugs? which brand do you prefer?

Back