start of construction for 15, a 10, amp rack w. two batteries and maybe a screen | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

start of construction for 15, a 10, amp rack w. two batteries and maybe a screen

lookin rad bro. what are you going to cover the box with?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok- this is the last time i'm gonna type this.

the top of the box will be fiberglass painted black with airbrushed green flames. the front and rear of the box will be black vinyl.

Expo,

if it helps any I could have answered that for ya.... ;)

I actually read all the posts.... :D hee hee

wait expo what are u gunna do with the outside since its all ratty looking =) BWA! j/k lol

Dude that's looking great. I wanted to go with teh 9515's but MTX dissolved Team Thunderforce before I could still get in on some good deals. At least we picked up 24 1501D's though :D

I'm glad you like those SVR's. I just ordered 2 of the 12-100's yesterday for my system.

Keep up the great work. We seem to be on a similar pace. I start glassing on Saturday.

then you'll get way ahead of me... its 5 degrees F in my garage so i won't be doing any glassing real soon.

btw all- i went and looked at screens today and i really like the Zenith wide screen models so far. either a 17" or a 20" depending on how much i want to put on financing probably 17" because its cheaper and fits the space in the back the best. can't wait!

i'm reallly liking this one

Attachments

• l17w36_tn.jpg
    l17w36_tn.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 229

i think i know where to go for my 5 finger discount =) drews truck .....mwahahaha lol juuuuuuuuust kidding =) lol

follow up- so does it throw as much air. thats mainly what i wanted to know.

yes, they hit just the same and are just as loud as they would be flipped over

Hey expo,

I was reading in another thread that you have a battery termial with like 0-1/2/4/8 guage outputs. I was wondering what guage the stock positive wire on the truck is. When you got the new terminal did you just cut off the stock terminal and strip the stock wire and throw it into the new terminal?

PS...Your setup is looking amazing. I'm sure it will sound even better. Keep us posted!!!

Cheers

yes, i have mobil spec pro ice battery terminals times 6... the ones up front are single 0 gauge, dual 4 gauge, plus 2 8 guage (i think). The stock wires are 4 gauge and its possible to just strip them and hook them up by inserting them in the terminal. the mobilspec terminals have compression type terminals as well which gets a great connection. Most of my cables have since been upgraded, but once again its no problem to just throw them in.

You'll want the HO alternator regardless of whether or not you get any voltage drop..

Charging 3 batteries can (and will) tax the hell out of your current alternator. It would eventually go out anyway.

Good looking setup bro.

i need to call them and see whats up with mine- i ordered it long ago now

Back