• Register Today It's free!

Start Stop Issue

NotACop

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I have been having an issue with our 2020 Explorer XLT.
I notice that sometimes when the start/stop turns off the engine and I take my foot off the brake instead of starting the car freaks out.
The hazards turn on and I get errors for both hill start assist and forward collision alert.
As well as the push button start button starts flashing along with the check engine and battery lights turn on.
Which forces me to put the car back into park and restart it, once restarted the car seems to run just fine.

However once the car is started no trouble codes seem to be stored which is apparently making it difficult for my local dealer to locate the problem.
I have had it at my local dealer for a total of 2 weeks at different appointments and they have been unable to locate any problems but yet it did it twice to me in a 3 mile trip.
I was wondering if someone here has experienced a similar issue.

Thanks,

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't recall anyone posting a similar issue Although there is an option to turn the feature OFF, the default is ON so that won't help much. Some members have been successful in disabling the feature using an Autostop Eliminator. I can't recall if FORScan can turn it off with reprogramming it.
Good luck and please keep us informed regarding the issue. Thanks.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't recall anyone posting a similar issue Although there is an option to turn the feature OFF, the default is ON so that won't help much. Some members have been successful in disabling the feature using an Autostop Eliminator. I can't recall if FORScan can turn it off with reprogramming it.
Good luck and please keep us informed regarding the issue. Thanks.

Peter
Thank you we recently just bought the car and love it other than this annoying situation.

I have considered getting an eliminator but just fearing that it might be a deeper issue that I would be putting a band-aid on.
I just don't want it to cause other issues down the road or find out something else is wrong.

I will definitely post the resolution if I'm able to figure it out.

Apparently other Ford models seem to be having a similar issue as I found an entire thread related to F-150's.
However I have yet to see anyone mention a solution, multiple mention even after installing a start/stop eliminator that the issue still occurs.

Thank you we recently just bought the car and love it other than this annoying situation.

I have considered getting an eliminator but just fearing that it might be a deeper issue that I would be putting a band-aid on.
I just don't want it to cause other issues down the road or find out something else is wrong.

I will definitely post the resolution if I'm able to figure it out.

Apparently other Ford models seem to be having a similar issue as I found an entire thread related to F-150's.
However I have yet to see anyone mention a solution, multiple mention even after installing a start/stop eliminator that the issue still occurs.
Did you ever get this resolved?

Back