Starter make/part no for 2006 v8 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Starter make/part no for 2006 v8 explorer

Anton Polyakov

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2008, 4.6L V8
Hey guys

I need a new starter solenoid for my 2006 V8 4.6L explorer, but I struggle to find the right one. Visually this seems very similar (Victory Lap 66-132 for PG260 starters) Starter Solenoid Victory Lap 66-132 for sale online | eBay

Can anyone help how to find the right one? Also how do you guys know the OEM part numbers, is there a catalog available online?

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question?

Why not just replace the starter motor and assembly as one unit.

10 to 1 Odds you replace the solenoid and come winter time your back under there replacing the motor itself. (In the Snow)

I don't know if you have one in your area, but locally to me, there's a shop that does electrical stuff, including vehicles. Starters and alts, specifically, and they're damned good. A rebuilt unit runs about as much as a remanned from oreilly and will last a lot longer, and they also put in new bushings, bendix, and whatnot.

But I'd also just replace the entire thing, because as shucker says, the bendix or bushing will go bad next and you'll be right back under there...

Be sure to clean your cable ends too ;)

I had a new starter fail in less than a week on me. I rebuilt the original one for $30. New bushings, brushes, bendix. Only 1/2 hour to rebuild.

Back