Wanted - Starter relay wiring photo. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Starter relay wiring photo.

Parts or services wanted

donhart

Reaction score
City, State
Palmer, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer
Starter relay wiring photo needed urgently for a 1992 Ford Explorer. Would not start. Found one terminal had broken on the molded plug that fits across both posts of the relay. Removed the wiring, split the molded plug, cleaned the one wire of insulation at the end. Replaced wiring. Apparently wired wrong. Engine started and starter continued to engage. Cut positive battery cable. Removed the wires from the relay. Need photo of wiring for the relay urgently, to get it right before I try again. Thanks, DonHart

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...You should find what you need at the bottom of the first post of this thread..;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284981

...The left side wire is coming from the battery while the right side wire is going to the starter...
battery_cables_013.jpg

Starter Relay wiring photo

Thanks very much for the starter relay wiring photo. I followed the wiring photo, but the key does not provide any ignition when turned on, No lights, no warning sounds and no movement in any gages. I now need help in finding the problem with the ignition. I have a volt-ohm-amp meter but need to find out what to test to find the problem. The left post on the relay has the same volts reading as the positive post of the battery. I need to figure what to test and in what sequence to find the problem. Thanks, Don Hart

Back