• Register Today It's free!

Starting Problem

kevinj

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport
Sometime's I have problems starting my 2000 Sport. It doesn't happen all the time, maybe every 5 days or so, give or take. It has a 4.0 SOHC. When I go to start it, the engine cranks but will not start. I have to give it gas (and i mean floor it) to get it to start, and once it's started I had to keep giving it gas for 3-5 min. or else it will stall. Then the next day it will be fine, then it will happen again. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody???

Is the weather much colder on the days it won't run? Have you had the Intake manifold o-rings replaced under ONP 00M12? Have you tried cleaning/replacing your IAC?

Sometime's it might be colder, but not much. There have been really cold days that it starts fine on. I haven't tried cleaning/replacing the IAC yet. How would I know if the intake manifold o-rings have been replaced? Was it a recall?

Not a recall, just notification program that extends the warranty on the effected parts. Are you the original owner? You'd know work was done if you are. If not, you can get service records from ford to see if the work was done.

Back