• Register Today It's free!

Startup rpm high after service

iggy

Reaction score
City, State
nashua, nh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 limited
I took my 2000 sohc exporer into a firestone/bridgstone shop a few weeks ago to have a 30k service done. They flushed the tranny and did a fuel system service.

I'm not exactly sure what the fuel system service involved other than a new filter, but for some reason after they fooled with it the engine seems to start up at a much higher rpm than it did before. It now revs up to about 2000rpm for a couple of seconds then settles down to idle. When cold, it sounds terrible until the oil pressure is up(maybe 1-2 sec). When warm, it will rev up high then drop down really low and then settle into idle, almost as if it will stall out until it seeks the proper idle rpm.

I've had this thing since new so I know something is differrent. I'm just not sure if this is coincidence or if it is something they messed with.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Iggy

Anyone?

I cleaned the MAS today w/O2 safe carb cleaner. It made a little diiference but still too early to tell.

Not sure if the 2000 had the problems or not but have you had all the recall work done on that engine cause it sounds like what mine was doing before i had the 00M12 service done

Back