Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

NTxPSA

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pilot Point
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Looks like Steeda is releasing their sway bar...WOOOOHOOO!!!

Looks like stock is 7/8 inch and this one is 1 1/8"....

DESCRIPTION

Steeda's Explorer adjustable rear sway bar gives you control of your Explorer's handling. The sway bar reduces body roll for more neutral handling, allowing you to carve corners with your SUV. The sway bar offers a comfortable ride for your SUV but keeps things level through corners.

Stability and control. Distributing the weight of your Explorer between the rear wheels when turning, the sway bar helps to keep your SUV level in corners and planted to the road. Trailer sway is reduced when towing and control is better with heavy payloads, so you can drive with confidence.

Strong construction. Steeda's sway bar is designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA and is made from a 1-1/8 inch solid steel bar for long-lasting performance and durability. By comparison, the Explorer ST sway bar is 7/8 inch diameter. CNC-machined billet steel ends offer greater strength than the coined ends on other bars. The bar is powder-coated Steeda blue for protection from the elements and to let people know your Explorer is equipped with Steeda parts.

Sporty feel. The flat and level handling that the sway bar provides makes driving more exciting and enjoyable. Corner carve with your Explorer and get tight handling like a sports car with the upgraded sway bar. 3-way adjustability lets you fine-tune the sway bar stiffness to meet your needs and provide the control you want.

Features & Benefits:
  • Made in the USA
  • Neutral and flat handling
  • Reduced body roll
  • More control with heavy loads
  • Less trailer sway when towing
  • Maintains a comfortable ride
  • 1.125" solid steel sway bar
  • 3-way adjustable
  • 4x the stiffness of the OE bar
1596900394989.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Unfortunately looks like heat shields are in the way and need to be unfastened. check out their install instructions. doesn't look too bad.

Mine should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Unfortunately looks like heat shields are in the way and need to be unfastened. check out their install instructions. doesn't look too bad.

Yea, I took a look at it...looks like the vid is posting tomorrow :) But if I have to lower the exhaust and heat Shields I would want to replace the Exhaust at the same time :)

Great addition to tighten up an IRS. These are a necessary upgrade to carve the corners!

You can see what looks to be the prototype bar in their springs video:

steeda copy.jpg

Anyone else unable to play the above video?

Peter

I think it's a screen shot. The prototype RSB is gray.

Thank you.

The ST bar is an upgrade to the regular Explorers I think...could probably sell the stock bar to offset some of the cost.

I installed the rear sway bar this afternoon. Straight forward. I did not detach the forward rubber hangers of the exhaust--only the bracket holding the muffler-- and just pushed the mufflers down when I needed access. If you have a rear deflector, you can leave the attachment to the bumper cover and just swing it down out of the way. Still took me about an hour and a half. Got to say that the bar and the parts supplied are all top notch quality. Have not taken it for a ride yet so no driving impressions to report.

I’ll throw mine in next weekend...unless it’s a million degrees again then it can wait. lol

Same, should be delivered today.

I put mine on this evening. Straight forward installation, all in it took maybe 2 hours.
First impression is wow! Flat in corners and much better steering feel.

Adding to asc325is's experience, there is a lot less body lean not just in corners but any side to side movements straight ahead. Much more composed. Seems like the only penalty is slightly more road feel but that's not a bad thing to me. I have mine on the stiffest setting. Highly recommend this RSB.

Adding to asc325is's experience, there is a lot less body lean not just in corners but any side to side movements straight ahead. Much more composed. Seems like the only penalty is slightly more road feel but that's not a bad thing to me. I have mine on the stiffest setting. Highly recommend this RSB.

I do notice a little more road feel, but I am ok with that. I am using the middle hole.

Mine went on last week. Using the hole nearest the pivot - great feel and much flatter on interstate ramps and round-abouts. This bar is MUCH more stout than the stock bar.

Back