Steeda Lowering Springs Available | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steeda Lowering Springs Available

Dealer aligned after the install. Everything in the green except for the rear camber which was just into the yellow area. Tech drove the ST for 5 miles over some pretty rough back roads prior to doing the alignment to get the suspension to settle. It goes back in tomorrow so he can tweek things.
I’m also test fitting the SPC camber bolts from a 2019 tomorrow to see if they’re a carry over. Fingers crossed they’ll slide in and we’ll have a way to straighten out the rear camber.

The Steeda springs are so damn good, I just had to post a review. When I first got and drove the ST I was a little disappointed it still felt like driving a truck. After installing the Steeda springs and rear sway bar, I really love driving my ST. It no longer feels like driving a truck. The body motions are a lot better controlled. The ride is firm and composed. The handling is noticeably improved. If you can get only one, I'd do the rear sway bar but having both really transforms the car and I recommend them highly.

Edit: attached alignment sheet which I had done two weeks after install.
A9939B98-C5F4-4DDD-A055-C00E46F43C69.jpeg

I know this post is like a month ago, but did they use the spec sheet for the previous gen explorer?

I know this post is like a month ago, but did they use the spec sheet for the previous gen explorer?

I think the written install instructions are different but it looks like they used the old gen pictures.

Back