Steel Rock Crawler black rims what size 15x7 or 15x8?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steel Rock Crawler black rims what size 15x7 or 15x8??

93explorereb

Reaction score
City, State
Northeast
Year, Model & Trim Level
93/97 4.0 EB/5.0 XLT 4AWD
Greetings:

I was looking at some heavy duty basic black steel rims (rock crawlers). I noticed that 15x7 and 15x8 were really cheaper. However, what would be the best size choice in terms of a spacer, say 3.75 or 4.50. My primary goal for this particular truck is not to exceed a tire size of 31x10.50x15. So what would be the best rim size for me to accomplish such? The rims are on the www.4wheelparts.com website. My stock eddie Bauer rims look decent with my 30s' but, I opt for the steel black powered rim look, with the tires on the blackwall side facing out. The rims are really cheap too! Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

Best Regards

rims...

just wonderin if u ever considered painting your stock rims...i believe they are already 15x7...if they are, just clean them off real good and then take a sponge sander to them...just to get the film off...buy ur choice of color paint, tape off the wheels and about 2 hours later u have new colored rims...just thought i would throw that out there, ive got 31x10.5x15 on my stock 92 rims...painted matte black...hope this helps, even though i didnt really answer ur question...

...Tire and wheel info can be found by clicking the "How to" in my signature...;)

Back