• Register Today It's free!

Steering box question

Ironbutterfly

Reaction score
City, State
Spanaway, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
Willys m38a1
I'm building a willys m38a1 powered by a kubota v2203 wit a k 03 turbo. I'm using a 1995 ford ranger 4x4 steering box. This brings me to my two questions. The box is a rebuilt unit from Rock auto, the rear port has a seat resembling inverted flare the hose has a 3/8 tube with a straight thread swivel. Question 1, is this the pressure line and question 2 is this swivel fitting with a slight male flare supposed to seat against the male seat on the steering box? Thanks guys

Sorry to say I don't have a clue on the steering box but your M38A1 project sounds really cool!

With the turbo, how much power does that little Kubota put out? I'd think it'd be pretty snappy even without the turbo. Add in some forced induction and I'd imagine it'll be a hoot to drive.

m38a1

:DHowdy, the jeep is a work in progress at the moment. I started it 9Jan, 2015. The Kubota came out of a carrier reefer so the first order of business was to configure it to fit the chassis by replacing the pan, exhaust manifold and alternator with bobcat parts. The block had to be drilled for a bobcat dip stick and the valve cover modified for an oil fill. Next I got an adapter from Stauffer Machine in Tracey, Ca. to couple it to the sm465/d18 transfer case out of my way rusted out cj5. If you ever consider this swap Ken is a great guy to deal with and his work is absolute art. The engine and trans are mounted on the Kubota mounts from the carrier pan. The axles are d44 rear, d27 front both with disc brakes and powerlocks. The suspension is black diamond 3" lift, the steering is a1995 ford ranger. The problem I was asking about has been solved, by the way, it was a brain bubble on my part. The turbo is from a vw Passat, the inter cooler is, from a WRX Subaru inset into the shroud in front of the radiator and the radiator is an aluminum replacement from the cj5. The chassis is a roller and as soon as I work through a bunch of details I can start on the body. Hopefully I can have it driving by August. That's the fantasy

Back