• Register Today It's free!

Steering right tight, left loose

KROTOS1970

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018, EXPLORER XLT FWD NA
Anyone know what might be causing my steering to be a little tighter then normal to the right and a little lighter then normal to the left?
I have rotated my tires and filled air pressure and still no difference.

I recently upgraded struts and springs, but it was doing this before that, also I've had extra weight in the back before with subwoofers and amps the box made of MDF which very heavy material, this did not happen then, but after I took out my system and after several months I built another box made of birch which is lighter than MDF, after I put all my audio equipment in the second time it started showing the steering symptoms, I am curious maybe it has to do with so much weight in the back but than again like I said I had it before and did not have those symptoms.

I highly doubt the above has anything to do with the issue? If you still have warranty left, why not take it to the dealer?

Peter

I highly doubt the above has anything to do with the issue? If you still have warranty left, why not take it to the dealer?

Peter
Yes I was thinking about that but I was wondering if anyone has come across this, since I've modified my Explorer so much so far, in case of dealer saying that I caused it by modifying it than I can defend the fact.

Back