• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Steering Wheel Swap?

NavigatorV8

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT 2014
I can get a steering wheel from a Explorer from 2017 with heater and paddles for my Explorer (2014 w/o heater and paddles)
My question, what will i need for activate the heater and the paddles (ForScan and UCDS are available) and will my Airbag fit on the new steering wheel?

gns30

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Bullitt
I can get a steering wheel from a Explorer from 2017 with heater and paddles for my Explorer (2014 w/o heater and paddles)
My question, what will i need for activate the heater and the paddles (ForScan and UCDS are available) and will my Airbag fit on the new steering wheel?
Did you ever attempt the swap? I've been curious about steering wheel swaps, I'm not a fan of the thin wheel and was wondering if anyone has attempted it. I'm curious if there are any other wheels out there that would work.

drudis

Reaction score
City, State
Livonia (Metro-Detroit)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Did you ever attempt the swap? I've been curious about steering wheel swaps, I'm not a fan of the thin wheel and was wondering if anyone has attempted it. I'm curious if there are any other wheels out there that would work.
I looked into replacing my F150 steering wheel (my 2016 Explorer Sport has heated), and had to get a Platinum or Raptor wheel. BUT... the biggest issues were all the PCMs and harnesses that needed to be replaced, to recognize this new heating element. Turns out nearly impossible (not just simple turn on option in Forscan).