Stephen, Somewhere in Louisiana | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stephen, Somewhere in Louisiana

Here's my 1995 Explorer XLT!!

I'm just a 2 wheeler so I don't have any real off road modifications but here's what I do have:

PIAA Superwhites
PIAA 1500XT Clear Driving Lights (in the bumper slot...
Auxiliary/Reverse Lights
Self-Installed Overhead Console
Aluminum Mesh Grill Insert
Uniden Pro 520XL CB Radio w/ Wilson Silver Load 3' Antenna
KYB Shocks
Bugflector II
Ventvisors
Tinted Front Windows (35% Llumar Black Metallic)
Prestige Alarm (with keyless entry)
31x10.50 BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO's
2 - 10" White StreetGlow Neons under the dash (wired to come on with the dome lights)

Stereo Stuff
Pioneer DEH-P4000 in dash CD
Kenwood 35Wx4 amp (under driver's seat)
4 Infinity Reference 5x7's
2 Boston Acoustics 6x9's (under the rear seats)
1 JBL 10" Sub

My custom made bumper and dashboard lighting:Custom Lighting

Future mods I would like to make if I had the money:
Powertrax Locker
Torsion Twist and Shackles (got the tires...doing this soon)
Manik Black Powdercoat Brush Guard
PIAA 520 SMRs on the guard

More pictures of my truck can be found on my website by clicking Stephen's Truck in my signature. Thanks for looking!

Nice Explorer, I would definitely go for the Warrior Shackles and T/T. I have a 99 and I am not going to be making a monster, but the shackles and t/t make it ride alot better and a plus is that when you park next to a stock explorer yours will look WAY cooler. Just my opinion.

Thanks SplashMan!!
I do want to do the shackles and T/T, but the problem is that I have the weakest bars that Ford put on the Explorer, so I am concerned about wearing them out, or overstressing them. And if I did crank them up, will I get enough lift out of them to even up with the shackles? I think when it's time for tires, I'll buy 31x10.50s and do the T/T and shackles then. But I agree, it will make it look MUCH better.

This is about what it would look like with the T/T and shackles (about 2 inches higher).
http://www.4x4central.com/brlictorsion3.jpg

I want to go bigger because some dick over here lifted his almost as high as mine. We live on a small island and I have nothing better to do than to put his truck to shame .I guess you can say its an ego trip.

Hey thats a good excuse to go higher:D

Back