Stereo Bezel Removal? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Stereo Bezel Removal?

steveinslo

Reaction score
City, State
San Luis Obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
Any tips on the best way to remove the bezel surrounding the stereo and climate control/vents etc? I don't want to crack it when I pull it out. I don't see any screws so I'm assuming there are several compression clips in the back.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

34Ford

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EB 4.6
Yep, theres 6 of them. Scared the hell out of me when I got the first one to let go.

<

steveinslo

Reaction score
City, State
San Luis Obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
Did you pry it off with a screwdriver? There are some on ebay that show where the clips are...I could position the screwdriver next to the clips to lessen the chance of cracking it I guess.

<

sopclod

Reaction score
City, State
chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT v8
I replaced the stereo on my 02, and although I don't remember specifics I do remember it being incredibly easy (compared to a couple of other cars I've worked on).

<

34Ford

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EB 4.6
Well I used a home made piece if stainless that looks like those forked tools you use to pull door panels off.

So its wider than a screw driver. Less likely to damage the soft vinyl around the bezel during the prying.

<

steveinslo

Reaction score
City, State
San Luis Obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
Thanks...I'll give it a shot.

<