stereo update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tubaexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Haughton, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Ok so I finished up my stereo in my trac let me know what you think...

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks awesome! very nice work, how about a pic from a little further from the subs?

Will do I'll do it tomorrow.

Awesome, cannot wait to see it! :)

that is clean!! the double din is somewhere on my list of things to do. how are you liking your subs, i cant decide to go behind or below the seats.

Thanks guys :). The double din was definitely a great buy. I would go behind the seats, because you loose the fold down with the under. The subs are awesome, but definitely go with the in flats and not the low end flats from pioneer.

I considered double din, but decided a simple kenwood deck with an aux plug is all I need to go with my droid x car dock :)

Nice how you like the dock?

oh its amazing, ill post a pic tomorrow...but it comes with a small plastic piece that has some super strong tape on it, that the suction cup sticks to.

Fits VERY well right in far front of the storage compartment in front of the cup holders..

Hmmm sounds cool. I'm about to get the a/v component cables for my iPhone so I can watch Netflix, I hope it works.

still waiting on my droid app for nextflix..It should work fine ..

I have a few friends that are waiting on that. No matter how much better the droid is than the iPhone....we'll always have Netflix!!

:( my apps are free..

Awwe that's alright buddy I would kill to get away from the iPhone... I say we all go back to cb!

I agree! Stupid technology :)

hey tuba, looks really nice!

I would agree with behind the seats. I just installed the infinity basslink underneath the rear passenger seat. And it is very tight. If I could do it over, I would have gone behind the seats with amps underneath. In my setup the sub is pushing up the seat, and forget about folding them down :)

And just wanted to let you know about the official iphone cables. I picked up the official RCA cables from the apple store to hook up to my avh-3200dvd and quickly found out that the netflix app is only supported to output to the AV cables on iphone 4's (i have the 3gs). Youtube, and the Ipod output fine to the screen through the AV cables, but the netflix app only supports the iphone 4.

After cursing out apple and calming down, did some research and if your phone is jailbroken there is a workaround. You can pickup a free app in cydia called TVOUT2 that mirrors your iphone screen output to the AV cables. This will allow you to output the netflix app to your pioneer.

Good luck dude, and again, looks great!

-junior- Thanks for the heads up about the av cable. That will be nice to know instead of ripping everything apart trying to figure it out.

anyways here's the full views for y'all

BackDoorView.jpg

FrontView3.jpg

and I took this shot I liked it so I decided to share in case anyone else wanted it too.

Emblem.jpg

Back