Steve Mc Queen retuns in '05 Stang! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steve Mc Queen retuns in '05 Stang!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
b014-field2-1004n.jpg

Ford Motor Co. expects to get the answer next month when a new Mustang television commercial begins airing. The ad is an homage to the tear-jerking 1989 movie "Field of Dreams," in which Kevin Costner portrays a dreamer who conjures the spirits of Shoeless Joe Jackson and other baseball players when he builds a playing field on his farm.

In Ford's commercial, a farmer builds a winding racetrack, which he circles in the 2005 Mustang, due in showrooms next month. And out of the cornfield comes Steve McQueen, the late screen star famous for driving a Mustang in the 1968 action flick "Bullitt."

The farmer then tosses his keys to McQueen, whose likeness is created by a body double and some digital editing wizardry. The spot ends with McQueen driving off in the new Mustang.

TeasersHere

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stic-o said:

The farmer then tosses his keys to McQueen, whose likeness is created by a body double and some digital editing wizardry. The spot ends with McQueen driving off in the new Mustang.

Teasers[URL=http://www.gotmustang.com/Default.aspx?tabid=145]Here[/URL][/QUOTE]

The commercial was shot in Chilliwack BC Canada. I worked security on the set and got to meet the Steve McQueen look-a-like. And he was just that. An almost exact duplicate. There was no digital editing needed.

I have pics of the set if anyone is interested. I would have posted some of them but I am not sure I can post.

me, for one, would like to see the pics of the set.... :p

Whats with the "convertible" red one? I don't remember an interior shot in the commercial.

And that tube rig is pretty sweet. Dual-rate coilovers and bypass shocks. Must ride like a dream :thumbsup:

I never even thought of "Field of Dreams" when I saw that commercial. I actually though it was somehow tied to Mcqueen's movie "The Hunter" and the cornfield scene with combine.

And yes I do know that scene utilized a TransAm, but I thought they were sticking with the theme of using Mcqueens movies.

Back