Stic-o Class C RV. Say hello to Sunny🌞 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o Class C RV. Say hello to Sunny🌞

Well it's been a long time coming (although probably not the best time with gas prices 😮‍💨)

We finally bought a Motorhome.

2018 Forest River Sunseeker on a E-450 chassis.

*V-10/ 6 -speed
*28' (which really means 30'🙄)
*2 slides Kitchen/living and rear bedroom
*Outdoor Kitchen/ TV
*Rear and side cameras
*Tons of upgrades

Bought from a private owner who runs a RV repair place in the OC, and this was there private unit that they factory ordered.

Her name was Sunny, which we plan to keep.

20220305_144919.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend has a 24 foot military bus he converted to an RV. He replaced the international V8 gas engine with a Cummins 5.9. It gets 11 mpg and weighs 18,000. Two transmissions and a 2 speed rear axle.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

RV probably weighs around 14k plus the trailer 2k, truck is 4500 lbs. So say close to 21k lbs or more.

Got tired of dragging the hitch everywhere.

So I flipped the hitch over.

Before

20220719_191028.jpg

After ..

20221105_161927.jpg

So the last bumper modification didn't work so well. The bumper became so week from cutting some of the center section out for the hitch that it just had no strength. Jackknifeing the trailer gave it no chance. So now redo it the right way.

4x4 14-gauge

20230513_134740.jpg

2x5 .120 wall

Will be welded into the rear hitch, to give the rear additional support.

Also adding in flush mounted rear access lights.

20230513_183237.jpg

That's sexy. I like how it is hidden to give it a clean look.

Wrapping it up...

20230519_193829.jpg

Just finished up a lot of upgrades, as we are about to embark on a epic trip to the east coast.

New tires, Bilstein hooked me up with a full set of shocks and just swapped out the tail lights.

Also because we are gone for so long, I'll be working from the road for many of the days. Built a custom office set up, for when we're stationary for a few days at a time. Cool perk about my job, that I can work from anywhere.
20230611_141728.jpg

20230609_135535.jpg

20230617_133316.jpg

Nice!!

Starlink rv?

I’m like you, internet = I’m in the office as far as they know lol I’m always taking my pc into hotel rooms and using their hdmi cable

You have j hooks on your rv???? *****in!!!

Yeah I got the Starlink earlier in the year and did the test run preparing for this trip, out at King of the Hammers. We had 10 people all streaming off the WiFi in camp with no issues. I even had the live stream from YouTube playing on the TVs.😅

that pole mount is great! Any plans to install more stuff on it?
We love our starlink, no cables of any sort back here, best part is it melts its own snow

Here is the mount I came up with for the Starlink. It's using parts from the boating industry. One is the Starlink adapter this guy makes for yachts. All aluminum. The other is a rotating clamp. This way I have a travel mode.

The guy who makes the Starlink adapter piece, is in development of a remote self unfold mount as well. Not cheap though. There is the Starlink flat version, which is hella money, and a company that makes a kit to cut yours up and make it flat.

This works good for now.

20230619_094607.jpg

20230619_094451.jpg

Made it back home. Longest and farthest vacation we have ever done.

24 days
5694 miles
17 States

California to Dallas to Orlando to St Louis to Colorado to California.

Only issue was a 7 way cord to the Ranger got dragged a few miles and I had to replace the end.

Epic Trip

How much was fuel? Lol lol glad you’re back safely! One cord = highly successful trip!

East of the Rockies it was $2.80 -$3.20 for reqular. I still have to calculate what we spent. But probably about $3k in gas.

Boooooooooooooooooo. Should've gotten a Centaurus.
683d5a77870d966e0704354b41fb21b7.jpg

It could have totally done everything that little chassis on your RV can do and so much more.. Right?

Hahaha. Jokes aside, I love that RV. And I am jealous of your life. LOL. Tradesies?

@Stic-o That's some trip! Glad to hear you made it back safely. I'll agree that one damaged cable is hardly worth noting on a trip that long. Success has many flavors, and replacing one small item is one of the best!

How does this rig do pulling JP on a trailer?

Back