Stic-o goes Electric. Mustang Mach-E GT | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Stic-o goes Electric. Mustang Mach-E GT

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Well with the Jag gone we picked up the latest and greatest. We actually ordered one last year, yet still doesn't have a build date. With everything going on in the world, we decided not to wait and we found one coming in stock that was available. It will be interesting going Electric, but makes sense for my wife's 20 mile commute roundtrip everyday. We also have Solar panels, so that ads to the convince of charging on the cheap.

Anyway here she is. '22 Mustang Mach-E GT in Dark Matter Grey. More pics to come.

Did I mention it does 0-60 in 3.8sec😳

20220420_204502.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fix4Dirt

Get a Load O' This Guy!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4x4
Well with the Jag gone we picked up the latest and greatest. We actually ordered one last year, yet still doesn't have a build date. With everything going on in the world, we decided not to wait and we found one coming in stock that was available. It will be interesting going Electric, but makes sense for my wife's 20 mile commute roundtrip everyday. We also have Solar panels, so that ads to the convince of charging on the cheap.

Anyway here she is. '22 Mustang Mach-E GT in Dark Matter Grey. More pics to come.

View attachment 428785
looks sharp!!!!!! sticking ford! let me know how EV is! been looking at those and hybrids recently (cant justify purchase price of ev though)

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
When I was a kid the only things that did 0-60 in under 4 seconds were crotch rockets
Simply amazing!

Funny that you can get one faster going to dealer rather then waiting for your build! I heard some lucky people found broncos at msrp too.

Nice ride! Looks like it will be a fun commute!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

View attachment 428785

How about a report on how it's been doing since you've had it. Any issues?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Haha, funny yous ask. We just took it for the weekend on it's longest trip. One where we new we would have to charge in the trip.

We have come to the following conclusions.

1. Charging at home costs us 25% of what a gas car would (Premium fuel at 24mpg)

2. Charging on the road costs us 50% of what a gas car would (same as above)

3. With this is a time penalty. On the road, you need to stop every 200 miles or so for 45 mins to charge. At home it's a overnight thing.

Conclusion is, around town from home it's great. Long distance, not so much. We also ran into a issue where a charger didn't work and luckily had enough to get to another charger 30 miles away. If we ran it to the limit, we would be in trouble.

Now range anxiety aside, the car is great. Looks good, drives a little stiff, faster then shit, but the car is borderline boaring to drive. There is just no connection. Locally it's fine because your not in the car long enough. On the open road, I want to take a nap. Luckily I don't drive it to much. So it's fine. I do find myself taking it locally places vs my truck, because I don't want to waste gas in my truck...lol.

Now with that all said. Last week we finally got a notification that the original car we ordered in November of last year has been scheduled for production in September. We are price protected and the car as increased in price twice since then. It is a Premium, but being a second slower is not going to really be noticable and the new one will have a farther range, glass roof, 360 camera and blue cruise.

We will probably sell the GT, for a profit or brake even. Plus we still get the $7500 tax rebate on both by grabbing the premium. 😁

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Im glad its working well for you. An electric would be awesome for our 40+ mile trip to town and back.