• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
Got it Dirty today. Went on a stocker run for first time in forever, with R.J.

Ranger did great, even the Jeep guys we're surprised.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Looks like a fun trail to flex it out on:chug:

I'm glad you guys were able to get out and do some wheeling.

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
geesh the body lines still match up when flexed are you sure this is actually a Ford Ranger? Usually the cab and bed have a 1-2" separation when getting flexy
At least its still a solid rear axle, is that a 8.8?? LOL excuse my 2019+ Ranger ignorance I am living vicariously through you

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Yes, there is no flex in this thing at all. Not use to teeter tottering like the old days.

I will say once you kick in the factory rear locker, the truck just goes, and figures it out, with it's combination of traction wizardry. You here it moving power around or slowing wheel spin to individual wheels. It may hesitate for a second and then you will continue further up the obstacle.

I used the crawl control on one up hill section and set it for 5mph. All I had to was steer. It was interesting, but kinda boring, and took the fun and challenge out of it. But it did get you up the hill.

The rear axle is a Dana Advanatek 220. It's pretty close to the same axle they use in the new JL Rubicon. 8.66" ring gear (I think it's a 32 spline). Front is a Dana Advanatek 190 with a 7.48" ring gear.

The 10 speed is pretty crazy in 4lo, with a 4.69 1st gear and a 2.71 t-case low, you end up with a 47 to 1 out of the box. It's no Rubicon, but not bad.

Overall it was fun, but wheeling a 40k truck your still making payments on, with no body protection, a no flex and a long wheelbase has it's disadvantages.

I think I'd rather stick to point and shoot, who cares if I scratch it, it's paid for.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
I hope to buy one of these 2019+ rangers in about 15 years to build as a wheeler.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Truck has been doing great on Tow Duty. Averaging about 15 mpg towing are 4000-4500 lb. pop up trailer across the country. Doesn't even care it's behind us. Even at 7%+ grades over 8000+ ft in elevation, I never felt it lacked power. 10-speed is awesome in the tow-haul mode.

20200805_192041.jpg

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
allright well I see green alien orb under your truck, where you at Roswell? LOL Devils Tower?

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
na, he's having a close encounters of the some kind..

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Truck has been doing great on Tow Duty. Averaging about 15 mpg towing are 4000-4500 lb. pop up trailer across the country. Doesn't even care it's behind us. Even at 7%+ grades over 8000+ ft in elevation, I never felt it lacked power. 10-speed is awesome in the tow-haul mode.

View attachment 319820
Can't help it, every time I see Devil's Tower I think of mashed potatoes.

devils_tower.jpeg