Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Few shots from our trip to Utah.
20220726_130441.jpg

20220728_141846.jpg

20220724_121009.jpg

Working on Sliders. After this and the 3rd brake light, I'm planning on getting back into the Navajo. It's been a year since I've touched it.

20220807_185619.jpg

Testing day yesterday in Johnson Valley

Installed Eibach Pro Truck Reservoirs in the rear. Running Eibach Pro Truck Coilovers in the front right now.

image-2.png

image-1.png

image.png

is that...............a.................. mono-leaf spring???????????????????!?!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who makes Eibach coilovers?
Every coilover I have users eibach springs lol I have never seen an Eibach coilover

is that...............a.................. mono-leaf spring???????????????????!?!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every coilover I have users eibach springs lol I have never seen an Eibach coilover
i do believe the rangers are mono leaf the ones i saw on the lot

First off, Eibach makes everyones coils. Fox, King, Bilstein, everyones!

Eibachs Coilovers are made by..... Eibach. They are a steel body threaded coilover. They are my favorite set up so far we have tested. This is there Pro Truck Stage 2. They started making these for trucks in the last few years. The rear Reservoirs I installed on the lake bed just came out.

20220827_145158.jpg

Rear leafs on the early Rangers are elliptical mono leaf spring. Newer trucks have standard multi pack leaks I believe. Mostly because of availability with the world still how it is.

looks nice! Looks like 2" body shock I will have to check them out next time we are in the market, I dislike fox and bilstein that have let me down a time or two.

Yes 2" inch body. We're testing all of the 2" bodies before we jump to the 2.5" bodies.

We'll never thought I would be towing this....🤷

Had to make a rescue last night out at the Hammers, when a rear shock literally exploded on my co workers bronco.

20221111_213742.jpg

I took this shot at a classic car show today. I don't know if the owners know what their Broncos are supposed to be used for.o_O

PXL_20221112_190711004.jpg

I took this shot at a classic car show today. I don't know if the owners know what their Broncos are supposed to be used for.o_O

View attachment 436391

I went on a trail run about a month ago with about 50+ Broncos. Most were new, but about 7-8 of us full size. A lot of new people that had never went off road. It actually reminded me a lot of the old days where we took Explorer owners out for the first time.

We'll never thought I would be towing this....🤷

Had to make a rescue last night out at the Hammers, when a rear shock literally exploded on my co workers bronco.

View attachment 436386
So how did it tow that load? I'm guessing that's a little over the 7,500-pound rating. :) I'm considering a new Ranger to replace my current 05' F150 but I'll need to be able to tow my rock crawler at least 20-30 miles up to the local trails up into the Black Hills.

So how did it tow that load? I'm guessing that's a little over the 7,500-pound rating. :) I'm considering a new Ranger to replace my current 05' F150 but I'll need to be able to tow my rock crawler at least 20-30 miles up to the local trails up into the Black Hills.

Tows it fine. It's not going to win any races, but has plenty of power and handles great for how much is back there.

That Bronco probably weighs about 4500lbs and the trailer is another 2000lbs. So, still 1000lbs under. It did tow better on 33's , then these 34's. 🙄 I'm thinking of ordering the Ford Performance programer, for some additional power. Adds 45hp and 60lbs of torque with just a tune and K&N.

Tows it fine. It's not going to win any races, but has plenty of power and handles great for how much is back there.

That Bronco probably weighs about 4500lbs and the trailer is another 2000lbs. So, still 1000lbs under. It did tow better on 33's , then these 34's. 🙄 I'm thinking of ordering the Ford Performance programer, for some additional power. Adds 45hp and 60lbs of torque with just a tune and K&N.
Tune also requires higher octane fuel so a bit more $$ at the pump!! Good to hear it tows that weight fairly well! I've been Ford technician since 1988 and I've seen more than a few folks' way overload their trucks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back