Stic-o's Hybrid Travel Trailer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's Hybrid Travel Trailer

We picked up a few weeks ago a new to Hybrid Travel Trailer. We liked the Pop Up, but it just didn't work for us. Can't stop anywhere and just sleep for a few hours, or run back to the bathroom, or grab a cold drink. We also don't stay in one place very long most of the time, and it's gets old real quick setting up the pop up after 10-12 hrs of driving just for the night. This just another step in our road to a motorhome, but will do for now.

2005 Flagstaff (Forest River) Shamrock 19' Hybrid.

20210516_130332.jpg

So what is a Hybrid? Well it's like a normal travel trailer, only the sleeping areas fold down out of the side as tents. In this case a queen front and back.

This trailer was a little rough, decals are all faded or peeling off, missing all the blinds, black tank was full 🤢 some extra screw holes in walls and a few other things.

So we started doing a makeover.

You can see the original walls we patched up on right and new wallpaper we did the entire inside with.

20210530_170530.jpg

Installed new blinds, mounted the tv off a drop down mount from the upper cabinets. It was originally mounted over the window 🤔 Also installed a digital thermostat.

20210530_221318.jpg

This weekend we're in the middle of removing all the outer decals and installing new ones.

20210605_152757.jpg

New front decal, as it was missing before.

20210605_175551.jpg

More to come...

Oh...and we got the black water tank cleared up...and I don't wishing that upon my worse enemy. 🤮

People know you're not use regular toilet paper and other solid paper in there, right? I guess not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

People know you're not use regular toilet paper and other solid paper in there, right? I guess not.
My wife's uncle ....ahhh 👹

I just called the septic pump out guy
best $50 I spent that year
It isn't even mine loL
The things we do for our loved one's

Got one side done late tonight...

20210616_233022.jpg

20210617_075601.jpg

Alright, looks like we're just about ready to go. Just need to go through the bearings...

20210619_103011.jpg

Installed a wireless rear camera and these fancy LED's😎

20210626_210445.jpg

I like the led light
Stickers came out great to

You want to do my RV? The graphics are starting to show their age.

My sister redid the graphics for their entire coach a few years ago. The aftermarket stickers don't last anywhere near what the OEM does. Hers are already cracking. I am considering finding someone to remove my old graphics (stickers) and then use paint for new graphics.

You want to do my RV? The graphics are starting to show their age.

My sister redid the graphics for their entire coach a few years ago. The aftermarket stickers don't last anywhere near what the OEM does. Hers are already cracking. I am considering finding someone to remove my old graphics (stickers) and then use paint for new graphics.

We got the graphics off Amazon for $110. They are quoted to last up to 7 years. I'm only planning to keep this for a couple of years at most. Plus we'll order a cover for it when we get back from our trip.

I found the best way to remove the stickers is a with a eraser wheel. ( Goes on a drill) Then you can wet sand the fiberglass with 1000 grit.

Time to use it...

20210702_120549.jpg

20210703_123726.jpg

Up for sale if anyone is interested. Time to upgrade again. :cool:

SOLD.

Stay tuned for what comes next. 😉

Back