Stickers n your Ex | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stickers n your Ex

Somewhat related, how could I remove the "explorer" or the "sport" logo things on mine? Not sure I'll remove them, but just in case.
Also, I haven't searched yet, sorry. But I'm already on this thread so I figured it couldn't hurt too much...

heat. like from a hair dryer. not a heat gun as that can mess up your clear coat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just the Fam!

2012-04-22_18-20-05_159.jpg

No lic plates in the front so here we go.....
DSC_2677.jpg

You can kinda see the things on mine but I don't stick stuff to the paint. I take a normal bumper sticker and stick it to magnet. Works great. MS Honor Roll (son) - magnet, MS Honor Roll (daughter) - though this one is a window cling in the back window, Hot Springs, NC magnet (from sticker).

20120721_101344.jpg

Then the fam too.
20120727_094425.jpg

You can kinda see the things on mine but I don't stick stuff to the paint. I take a normal bumper sticker and stick it to magnet. Works great. MS Honor Roll (son) - magnet, MS Honor Roll (daughter) - though this one is a window cling in the back window, Hot Springs, NC magnet (from sticker).

Thats a good idea with the bumper stickers, I have never gotten any because I dont want stuff stuck to my paint and I have never found any that I like that are magnets, but sticking the sticker itself to a magnet is a great idea. :cool:

No stickers allowed on the body - only on the glass.

This is what I want to get but wife says no:

stickfigure5.jpg

Actually I have one of each on the upper corners:

usag_logo_04.gif

and

us_acrosselogo.jpg

Magnets work but you need to clean behind them periodically and move them around--especially on a dark colored Exp

Magnets work but you need to clean behind them periodically and move them around--especially on a dark colored Exp

I remove them for car washes and then make sure they're very clean when I put them back on. Why do I need to move them around though? I can't imagine the paint will fade or discolor?

Somewhat related, how could I remove the "explorer" or the "sport" logo things on mine? Not sure I'll remove them, but just in case.
Also, I haven't searched yet, sorry. But I'm already on this thread so I figured it couldn't hurt too much...

Alex, not sure what your Sport badge looks like. I wanted to remove both the Explorer Sport Control Trac emblem and the Ford emblem on the tailgate. I did, with hair dryer and dental floss. Was able to remove the glue using some Megs car cleaner wax. However, there were HOLES behind both badges...

Re: Stickers on vehicle, ANTI - Dealer stickers and anti-stickers on body/paint. Not signing papers if dealer stickers are on the vehicle. IF dealer is unwilling to pay me Needless Buyer Profit "advertising fees" then their crooked crappy stickers are not going on. Huge Pet Peeve of mine. If dealership is decent, they will get their referral from me. One dealer said if you are getting a great deal from us then the least you can do is advertise for us... Yeah ok, will find that "great" deal elsewhere.

I have adhered single small stickers on the tailgate window (easy to take off). Currently none on the Ex but there is a Zoso sticker waiting to go on.

I'll have my Romney sticker on the back window as soon as it arrives!

I just got my "NOPE" and "BO STINKS" stickers and will be putting those on soon.

I just got my "NOPE" and "BO STINKS" stickers and will be putting those on soon.

Just courious, and I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment proposed by these stickers, but are you at all concerned about vandalism? I've already seen keyed paint, slashed tires and the like. I don't even live in a deep blue state. (please, I'm not looking for a political discussion)

Yes. In my experience few friends who had anti Obama stickers had their cars vandalized. No liberal friends have had theirs though. I'm my sure why the difference in treatment.

Heres mine

Picture0818121802_1.jpg

Picture0818121932_1.jpg

Heat gun or good hair dryer and some goo gone for the left over gets rid of that.

I can't stand dealer stickers, especially when they can't put them on straight.
Joe, I looked at my sticker again. I never noticed whether it wasn't straight before I took that picture. I went out and looked again and it is the LIMITED badge that is not level. The sticker is. The badge follows the curve in the hatch and therefore has a slight tilt to it.

Peter

Re: Stickers on vehicle, ANTI - Dealer stickers and anti-stickers on body/paint. Not signing papers if dealer stickers are on the vehicle. IF dealer is unwilling to pay me Needless Buyer Profit "advertising fees" then their crooked crappy stickers are not going on. Huge Pet Peeve of mine. If dealership is decent, they will get their referral from me. One dealer said if you are getting a great deal from us then the least you can do is advertise for us... Yeah ok, will find that "great" deal elsewhere.

Why make such a big deal/scene/threat over a dealer sticker and/or license plate??? You refer to the dealer being "decent", how about trying it yourself and politely accept delivery of the vehicle with the sticker on it and simply remove it yourself at home? Since it would be freshly applied to the vehicle, it would come off quite easily without any trouble. I've done that with all my new vehicles. I just don't see the need to make it a big deal and/or threaten the dealer that it would be a deal breaker if they put one on. No need to be boar and so confrontational to the salesman/dealer in my opinion....

Why make such a big deal/scene/threat over a dealer sticker and/or license plate??? You refer to the dealer being "decent", how about trying it yourself and politely accept delivery of the vehicle with the sticker on it and simply remove it yourself at home? Since it would be freshly applied to the vehicle, it would come off quite easily without any trouble. I've done that with all my new vehicles. I just don't see the need to make it a big deal and/or threaten the dealer that it would be a deal breaker if they put one on. No need to be boar and so confrontational to the salesman/dealer in my opinion....
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I can't understand it either. I have had many vehicles over the 50 years I've been driving and not once did I buy one because of a sticker on someone's vehicle. I think that some people over estimate the sticker thing. Why would someone lay down their hard earned cash just because of a sticker? That big blue oval front and back does much more advertising than a little sticker. I go where I think it is best to go based on what I have found out about a dealer's reputation and references that I may get from others.
Besides, mine is a lease so it technically doesn't belong to me.....yet.:)

Peter

Just a hangup I guess... If dealer is decent they wont put one on in the first place. Last purchase was pretty straightforward, I told them they were welcome to put their plastic license plate frames with their logos on them. I guess all it took was one super negative experience with a very shady dealer man years ago, they put a dealer badge on the vehicle.... It was a steel badge with alignment pins, yes, they drilled holes to put it on. It was not easy to remove or cover the holes.

And Hugh, your are right, there is no need to make a big deal/scene/confrontational threat over a dealer sticker. Didnt mean to come across like that if I did.

I guess all it took was one super negative experience with a very shady dealer man years ago, they put a dealer badge on the vehicle.... It was a steel badge with alignment pins, yes, they drilled holes to put it on. It was not easy to remove or cover the holes.

And Hugh, your are right, there is no need to make a big deal/scene/confrontational threat over a dealer sticker. Didnt mean to come across like that if I did.

Drilling holes for a steel badge is different.....I wouldn't be happy with that at all either......If I knew that that was how they intended to put on a dealer badge, I would ask them not to in that case as well.

No stickers, just want to blend in with the rest of the ex's...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I told my dealer not to put the sticker on, and also that I would refuse delivery if it had it. He asked if we could do a plate frame and I said that was fine (I left it on for a couple of months before removing it). I removed the dealer sticker in the parking lot when I bought my previous car; it was on the lot and already had a sticker. They tried to put one back on it during a service visit, and I had a terse discussion with the service manager about it.

For me its a big deal with the dealer for a couple of reasons. First, its a brand new car, with a new finish. Sure I can remove the sticker, but why would I put chemicals on it to take off a sticker if I didn't have to? Second, with the prices they are asking for these vehicles, I should be able to get it without a dealer sticker if I want.

As for the OP, I have a small Penn State logo on the lower back corner of the back glass. On my previous car I debadged it completely, removing all manufacturer logos, a as well as some molding trim, and their vinyl pinstripe. Just a preference I guess.

Back