Sticky This: 2006+ Ford Explorer (possibly all Ford Trucks)Bulb Out Warning w/can-bus | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sticky This: 2006+ Ford Explorer (possibly all Ford Trucks)Bulb Out Warning w/can-bus

Bulb out warning Solution with no resistors.

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer and just recently retrofitted HID Projectors. I started with a h13 relay harness from TRS, but after the install I got the dreaded Hi/Low left/right bulb out warning in my dash message center. While searching for a solution I tried capacitors, but they only fixed the hi beam flicker. The only thing I could find that would definately work was 50watt resistors wired to each wire. (You all know the ones I am talking about). You also need to wire in capacitors on the hi beam wires. I didnt want to do this because the resistors create alot of heat and waste energy. I refused to believe that this was the only fix.

I happened to find the standalone can-bus harness on TRS website and decided for $30 its worth a try. I got them in today and plugged them in direct to the factory harness. Everything works just like stock now. No bulb out warning and no flickering. These dont create lots of heat either. Plug and play one end plugs into the truck harness and the other end plugs into the ballast and hi beam solenoid on each headlight. No relays or anything. You can buy them here http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=238&osCsid=dk1iicv8a96osh7o2ot7b9tbcb5vg28t
This is a definate fix for 2006 and up Ford Explorers with HIDs and will probably fix all Ford trucks with the can-bus system. Good luck retrofitters.

thanks for the information. I being looking for a hid kit for my 2007 ford explorer. I don't want to see that "bulb warning light" on my dash.

Do you have any picutres of your installation?? I'm pretty sure some people here want to see some pictures of your explorer with the hid.

hey. the web link don't work.

The site is down right now. When it is back up I'll get that link fixed. I dont have any pictures yet. ill get some and post them during the week.

Most good HID sites offer the harnesses. I got mine for the MKX from http://www.retro-solutions.com/ .
Matter of fact, they suggested that I should have the harness to make the system fit flawlessly when I ordered the lights.

Back