• Register Today It's free!

Still Bogging

94expo

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, Calif
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
This has been going on for sometime only on long trips. Day to day usage everythings fine. Trips to SanDiego from LA we've got problems. After 40 miles yesterday it started Bogging when and when I kick down the gas pedal at about 3000 RPM it cleared up. then you let up and go back to normal driving and it starts all over. After I got to SanDiego I was there for about 2 hours and the truck was sitting. On the return trip It started at about 90 miles. Samething. I pulled the codes and got the following:
Code: 172 HEGO (heated Exhaust gas oxygen) sensor Voltage signal indicates lean. bank 1.
Code: 173 HEGO sensor voltage indicates rich bank 1 Code: 176 HEGO sensor indicates lean bank 2.
Code: 177 HEGO sensor indicates rich bank 2. And
Code: 335 Pressure feedback EGR (PFE) sensor or EGR pressure transducer (EPT) signal voltage higher or lower than expected. (Key On Engine Off Self Test) This morning I drove 8 Miles to work and Had no problems. Im thinking Maybe a bad Fuel Presure Regulator. Any Ideas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds to me like bad O2 sensors or EGR hardware.

Does Bank 1 and Bank 2 sense seperate. If so would'nt it have to be something more common to all 6 cylinders and not just one side of the engine. Since Both O2 sensers are seeing the same problem.

Try cleaning your MAS and see if any of your intake manifold bolts are loose.

I checked the Bolts and Cleaned the MAF. And it made no differance.

Back