Still some really good people out there | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Still some really good people out there

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
My wife stopped at WalMart after work on Thursday to buy gifts for the kids in her 5-8th grade special ed class. She bought 9 footballs, a basketball, Hot Wheels, and stuff for the two girls in her class. In all she spent more than $200.

While my wife was standing in line waiting to check out the people behind her asked who she was buying the presents for. She told them about "her" kids and about the special school she teaches at.

When my wife was through paying for her items, the folks behind her stopped her before she could leave. The man gave my wife a $100 bill and told her it was his contribution to her classroom. He and his wife wished her and her kids a Merry Christmas, and that was it.

That was a truly impressive gesture on the part of complete strangers.:salute::bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

corkey

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
In the wake of what happened , the people who care let their identities be known, but in small ways,,
like this,,,

restores faith in Humanity now doesn't it, ?

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
A friend from high school posted this on his Facebook wall...

So, in keeping in the spirit of all the positive pay it forward messages I've seen lately I wanted to share my experience Thursday night. I was selling a DJ Hero 2 box set for Xbox 360 on Craigslist. I had a woman call me and say she wanted it. I was only asking $25 for it and she asked if I would go any lower, (at this point I knew she was struggling). I agreed to $20 and we set a meeting later that night. I went home with a twinkle in my eye and a plan. I gathered up 15 games our kids had beat or didn't play any longer and drove to meet her. When she pulled up I shook her hand and presented her with the game system and all the games (over $300 worth at least) and wished her a Merry Christmas. I asked only one thing from her in return, that she would take the $20 she was going to pay me and pay it forward to a complete stranger. I shook her hand and jumped in my truck and sped away with tears in my eyes. A half hour later I got a text from her. She said she had been crying in the parking lot since I left and wanted to thank me. She said her husband had been laid off and she had been working two jobs to make ends meet. Said she didn't know how she was gonna buy presents this year but was trying to get a few things her kids had asked for. She said I literally made her kids Christmas. At this point I was crying along with her as we texted back and forth. I decided to do one last thing for this stranger, her name is Carol and is a stranger no more, I invited her and her husband and kids to come to an Atlanta Hawks game next Saturday night with me. She said this would be the first time they have gone out as a family since Dad lost his job a year before. I meet her Sunday to give her the tickets.
I tell you this story not for praise but to share how a small act of kindness on my part had a huge affect on someone else's family. Perhaps she will pay it forward as I asked and many people will be affected by one small act. The surge of joy and happiness that swept over me is hard to explain but it was incredible.
So, if a situation presents itself please do something nice for a stranger. We have the power to be the change in the world, just like the saying says, we just need to find the time and courage to do it.
I love you all and am happy I can share this story with my Facebook family. Merry Christmas. :)

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
^ That was an awesome story. Really great to hear:chug:

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
Nice to know that people still care, that must have made Char's day:)

sport97

Elite Procrastinator
Reaction score
City, State
connellsville pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 sport SOHC 4.0
Good story Rick. The best I was able to pull off was a pizza party for my after school tutoring kids. That was great of Char to go out of her way for her kids, and for that stranger to step up like that.

Kent, great story as well. Thanks for sharing!