• Register Today It's free!

still want lift spacers?

Brandon@BTF-fab

Reaction score
City, State
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
87 ranger
I'm not sure if this is politically correct, but if you guys still want/need a source for 3rd gen. lift spacers, I'd be happy to make them for you, most likely at a price lower than the "last guy" was.

as long as i'm not stepping on any toes by offering these, i'm glad to make them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please do. There isn't anyone making them anymore.

EDIT: And please make them price appropriate. The last guy was charging hundreds I believe. Why explorer spacers are hundreds and lift spacers for my old Jeep Wrangler were only $40 is beyond me.

It's about demand and limited sources to find these parts, that's why. Props to Brandon for not being like this.

Please do. There isn't anyone making them anymore.

TRUXXX still makes theirs. www.truxxx.com But I think they only for 2006-up...

Anyway... Will you be making the lift for 2006-up Explorer and 07-up Sport Trac as well?

And I will add this. If you are going to be the new guy for the spacers, PLEASE HAVE SOME SORT OF WARRANTY. Roadbully had NONE. Truxxx offers a LIFETIME warranty.

Also a word of advice, it seemed like all of the 2wd owners, like myself had an issue with the upper control arm (front) being bent downwards at an extreme angle, even with only a 2" spacer. Causing issues with suspension travel, not only causing an extremely rough ride, but ball joint breakage issues. Some 4wd had the same issue when using a 3" spacer. Some one really needs to make a lower control arm drop bracket to go with the lift spacers. All the other companies do. Then a 3" or larger spacer would pose no issue. I have seen a Silverado using 6" strut spacers with a drop bracket, rode just like factory too. That was it for the front lift. Drop bracket and strut spacers.

C4721SSV.jpg

(Drop bracket for Silverado shown)

If you make a drop bracket to go with them I want 4" front spacers and 2.5" rear. SO HOW ABOUT THAT IDEA?
I want to lift my truck and run 33" or larger tires with my current 20's, but I don't want the issues I had before.

does anyone know if there is someone on here that makes body lifts for a second gen? i have a 1999 ford explorer XLT with 4wd

....interesting..

[You should make a 2nd gen lift kit... affordably priced...=). You'd make bank.]

For less than 150$ for front and back you would have a taker...

same here...less than 150 id buy now. body lift just came in this morning =)

TRUXXX still makes theirs. www.truxxx.com But I think they only for 2006-up...

Anyway... Will you be making the lift for 2006-up Explorer and 07-up Sport Trac as well?

And I will add this. If you are going to be the new guy for the spacers, PLEASE HAVE SOME SORT OF WARRANTY. Roadbully had NONE. Truxxx offers a LIFETIME warranty.

Also a word of advice, it seemed like all of the 2wd owners, like myself had an issue with the upper control arm (front) being bent downwards at an extreme angle, even with only a 2" spacer. Causing issues with suspension travel, not only causing an extremely rough ride, but ball joint breakage issues. Some 4wd had the same issue when using a 3" spacer. Some one really needs to make a lower control arm drop bracket to go with the lift spacers. All the other companies do. Then a 3" or larger spacer would pose no issue. I have seen a Silverado using 6" strut spacers with a drop bracket, rode just like factory too. That was it for the front lift. Drop bracket and strut spacers.

C4721SSV.jpg

(Drop bracket for Silverado shown)

If you make a drop bracket to go with them I want 4" front spacers and 2.5" rear. SO HOW ABOUT THAT IDEA?
I want to lift my truck and run 33" or larger tires with my current 20's, but I don't want the issues I had before.

drop bracket lifts like that require a spacer (or taller strut/coilover) and a taller spindle height to alleviate the bad upper arm angle. now you're talking about a $2,000 lift as opposed to a simple spacer.

I was just tossing the spacer idea out there to see if you all still wanted them, but it sounds like the upper balljoint issues, etc. might not be worth selling a marginal product.

Brandon- Go through the other thread, figure out what was wrong, fix it and go for it. There are still a bunch of people that would love to have their 3rd gens lifted a bit.

On a side note: Ben mentioned the price and the fact that there was no warranty before he even made his product. You shouldn't have bought them if you weren't ok with that.

Brandon- Go through the other thread, figure out what was wrong, fix it and go for it. There are still a bunch of people that would love to have their 3rd gens lifted a bit.

On a side note: Ben mentioned the price and the fact that there was no warranty before he even made his product. You shouldn't have bought them if you weren't ok with that.

to me, the problem was not really the spacers, but the undue stress/lack of any droop travel on the upper arms/joints...If people know this, and still want them, then I will proceed...but there will be no warranty other than I guarantee my part won't break...no consequential damages can be covered...I'm also a one-man show, and barely make ends meet...but, I get to work on trucks everyday:D

but the undue stress/lack of any droop travel on the upper arms/joints...If people know this, and still want them, then I will proceed
Agreed, and even after people knew that, they still bought them. :)

Make a small run of ~10 sets. If they sell quick and it's worth it to you, keep it going. If not, I'm sure you've got plenty of other projects going on. :thumbsup:

Not to disagree with the above posters here....but I didn't personally think $250 SHIPPED for these (25 pound total package weight) spacers shipped from Canada was a bad deal, considering they were custom made and powdercoated, and were made in any increment you wanted (I got 2.25" front and 1.75" rear for instance). $150 is a little on the cheap side for a full set of steel powdercoated spacers with Grade 8 hardware.

I'm glad to see that another custom fabricator might be picking up these jobs, and really sorry that Ben left so many hanging. As soon as my truck comes back from the shop, I'm pulling my RB sticker off the back window :(

Just to hit on the warranty aspect of things, I haven't heard any accounts of RB spacers breaking or failing?

Link?

Not to control or suggest pricing but I've purchased similar products from Top Gun Customz for a few friends trucks over the years. For example, $80 for a front coil spacer for $79 and quality was great.

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/Gen2ProdDisplay.php?iview=236545081

I would just suggest getting spacers with Grade 5/Grade 8 hardware, rather than the Zinc hardware that those come with. The price is decent though, but still over $200 for a full set once you include the shipping on them.

I think anything with a "2" in front of it for a full set of spacers with the appropriate hardware would be a fair price, and it's obvious that most people didn't complain about the RB spacer price at $250 shipped.

Supply and demand... Best of luck and I'm anticipating seeing your spacers come onto the market Brandon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there any room for a ball joint spacer on these?

could be done...I really hate balljoint spacers and stuff like that. what it will do, is allow more droop travel (but then the spindle will crash into the coilsprings) but if you bottom out, the upper joint will be the limiting factor instead of the bumpstop.

Back