Stinger Bumper Stock mounting brackets. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stinger Bumper Stock mounting brackets.

splodo49

Ejection seat man..
Reaction score
City, State
Tooele,Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT,75 FJ, 05 Cummins
Stinger Bumper..updated with pics..

I Finished my stinger last night and installed it this morning. Its simple and basic yet cool in my opinion. I was going to extend it to wrap around the sides and then run a piece along the fender into the sliders. But i ran out of argon and i dont think im going to refill it cuz im leaving to go on deployment the end of this month. So i slapped some paint on and installed it.

Attachments

• front stinger 001.jpg
    front stinger 001.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,034
  • front stinger 002.jpg
    front stinger 002.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 988
  • front stinger 004.jpg
    front stinger 004.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,112

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mounted

Attachments

• front stinger 010.jpg
    front stinger 010.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 968
  • front stinger 007.jpg
    front stinger 007.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,105
  • front stinger 006.jpg
    front stinger 006.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,418

Is this just for looks? If it's functional, you need to brace it.

looks good, but it sits to low, and it need to be the whole lenght of the front end , but it looks good keep it up!

Yeah its just for looks right now.Like i said it was going to tie into some more tubing and then tie into the sliders but i ran out of argon. I like it how high it is. I dont really want it any higher.

splodo49 said:
I like it how high it is. I dont really want it any higher.
Looks pretty good, but IMO, the bumper should be longer. And I think 95X was talking about how low the bumper sits, not the stinger. Are you planning on taking out the BL since you've SAS'ed it?

I made it that way cause i like it. I like it only the width of the frame and thier is more plans for tubing to run with the bottom of body and to attach to the frame and also run over the fenders into the sliders. And no im not taking out the bl it sits just fine plus i would have to make shorter shock mounts and cut my sliders off the frame.

honestly do you have to call some ones work crap, dont be an ass!

jimabena74- why is it that your always the one with something negavtive to say

he likes his work, and i bet he doesnt give 2 sh!ts about what you think

Well i think your an ass and i didnt ask for your negative opinion. I posted this cause i like this site.Not for people like you who have to leave negative feedback. And think you’re so big and bad. So lets leave it at this it’s my truck!!!! Not yours or anyone elses so if anymore of you are going to be little punk ass *****es like this *** above(the avatar with the fat ass in the pic) then dont post i dont care what ***s like that have to say....

splodo49 said:
Well i think your an ass and i didnt ask for your negative opinion. I posted this cause i like this site.Not for people like you who have to leave negative feedback. And think you’re so big and bad. So lets leave it at this it’s my truck!!!! Not yours or anyone elses so if anymore of you are going to be little punk ass *****es like this *** above(the avatar with the fat ass in the pic) then dont post i dont care what ***s like that have to say....

i totally agree!

I mean i come to this site i read threads i look at peoples pics. If i dont have anything nice to say i dont. We are all different and have different tastes thats what makes the world so great. But it takes just one punk to go and turn something sour. Grow up.

splodo49 said:
I made it that way cause i like it. I like it only the width of the frame and thier is more plans for tubing to run with the bottom of body and to attach to the frame and also run over the fenders into the sliders. And no im not taking out the bl it sits just fine
I thought of doing something like that, and it'd kind of be like tube fenders. Cut the fenders up a good bit and run the tubing. Doubt I will, but I've seen it on some EB's and it looks badass when done right. :cool:
splodo49 said:
plus i would have to make shorter shock mounts and cut my sliders off the frame.
Good point, I forgot about all of that stuff.

Whatever. Im not going to argue with you. So ill just leave it at that.

you need some lights on that bottom peice or something.

i like it, its just missing something.

edit: when you get back brace it up for a winch, it would look badass with one sticking out through the middle there.

i dunno just my idea.hahah

my ideas also. :thumbsup:

My ideas are something sorta around this pick.

Attachments

• bumper trial 004.JPG
    bumper trial 004.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,427

Sweet, I think the bumper will look awesome once it's done. :thumbsup: Especially with a nice 9k pound winch up there. :D

Yeah i hope it turns out good. Well i decided to go fill up the argon bottle next week.Im doing a lift on a yota tomorrow. And i have a new reconstruction of my rear leaf set up. Ive never seen it done. Ive seen something sort of like it but not the same. Ill just post as time goes on.

Blue tube runs straight up relative to the center rectangle tube, red tube ties stinger in with the rest so it wouldnt fold in case it kisses the ground. Just an idea...

Attachments

• front stinger 006.jpg
    front stinger 006.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 940
  • front stinger 010.jpg
    front stinger 010.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 871

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like a good idea. :thumbsup: The tubing commin from the ends to the frame i wanna keep them bent like in my first pic but i like your idea. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• james t stinger.jpg
    james t stinger.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 897

Back