Stinger Bumper Stock mounting brackets. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stinger Bumper Stock mounting brackets.

I think it looks pretty sweet, and once you complete it like in the picture above, it will look even better. Someone mentioned lights or a winch. either would look really good. Its a little plain, but its a work in progress, so i understand. looking really good. makes me want to go buy a tubing bender. and from what i can tell, it looks like you did a really good job with those caps, and the paint. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey thanks for the compliment.. When i first saw your name i thought you were my little bro.. (he uses the same name sometime on msn messenger) haha. Yeah my welds started getting ****ty half way threw my bottle reg started leaking and wouldnt stay at my prescribed setting. Plus the bottle started to drain fast so i had to weld faster to get it done. Thats why the tubing welds dont look so hot. Good deal on getting a bender ive had mine for about a year.. I got the model 3 hopefully i will upgrade to the hydro mount and cylinder.. Takes a **** load of cranks to just make a stinger hahah. And its not cheap..

i think its going to look really good once u find some more time to finish it up. with a winch and lights it would look even sicker. any idea of when you will get around to it, with more pictures of course!

well i finished it for now. Im not gonna do any more till i get back from japan.. and after that ill prob just make a new one..(since i can :D )

Attachments

• 100_0722.JPG
    100_0722.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,256
  • 100_0727.JPG
    100_0727.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 803
  • 100_0726.JPG
    100_0726.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,357

BADASS! Turned out great IMO :thumbsup:

very nice, I like it. Now you got me thinking about doing my bumper.

very clean , alot better than most stinger bumpers ive seen good job

thats awesome. if you make a new one... i'll take your old one :D i'll make it work on a 2nd gen even though they're more curvy. that bumper looks sweet, along with the rest of the truck :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments :thumbsup:.I also welded on two light tabs under the top tube right under the stinger braces. I have a pair of crappy rectangle lights that ill throw on thier for now. Hey aric ill be glad to give it up when im ready but youll have to get a (dreaded) bodylift.. :confused: And im pretty sure shipping would be insane :eek: .

That is a kickass stinger! Ever think of copyrighting the fab work and selling it? Make a boat load of money! I would pay for a bumper like that! Later - Nate

greenmtnboy said:
That is a kickass stinger! Ever think of copyrighting the fab work and selling it? Make a boat load of money! I would pay for a bumper like that! Later - Nate

No i havent.. I have alot more to learn and make before i think of any of that.. Ill be making a few when i get home for those that are interested.. Plus if you live in utah it would be really easy as thats where ill be living..

:thumbsup: Sweet bumper, great work! :thumbsup:

But I would like some pics of your snorkle set-up, if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me with a link, or pics.

Under the hood and the cuts you made though the inner support and fender.

THANX!

Jeff - :navajo:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaank Youuu! :thumbsup:

I'll stop the hyjacking now :(

Jeff - :navajo:

it looks great!

Back