stock 1 piece fender to running board molding | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stock 1 piece fender to running board molding

90 xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt 4x4
Hi guys. I have a 91 first gen xlt with no wheel well moulding/flare and no running board just a lil lip of some sort. Ive seen alot of x's with what seems to be a factory piece that runs over both wheel wells as a extension of the running boards, like its all one piece. I think it looks much better and would like them. If someone knows could they explain which model styles came with this piece? I would be very thankfull. My 91 xlt is stock appearing right now, I have a two inch drop kit im about to install, some arelli vette rims I will put on when snow is no longer a threat, and im fixing to do the front end chrome grill, clear corners and ranger air dam. Then maybe it wont look so grocery getter!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems like youre going for a street look. It might just be me, but fender flares are sorta anti-street. Takes away from the clean look. But, if you want them, your gonna pay big time. They're not cheap.

Something like this??
14017.jpg

No thats not them. They must be aftermarket I guess. Ive seen them on a few 90-94s. They had a full width running board and then both fender flares attatched to ends as one piece, and a lil chrome trim piece running along edge. The reason why I like these is because it makes the wheel wells look smaller. Wish I had 20's to fill it up but for now I have some 16's I will be putting on so the gap will be extreme even with 2'' drop. Thanks.

like thisDead Link Removed

Attachments

• i-12.jpg
    i-12.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,136

Chucky D has something similar to that last pic....Try PMing him.....

Those are really close to them except the running board part was about two inches wider and flat. If I cant find them I guess I will go for that style. I think im getting my springs tommorrow or friday, I will post some pics of my x after its lowered.

Back