• Register Today It's free!

Stock 2013 XLT "Mods"

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
So, hopefully in a bit I will be picking up my XLT from the dealership. I had purchased the remote start remotes off Ebay For $219 and they are supposedly activating remote start (as well as the 60,000 mile service).

Just wondering if there are any other mods/tips for the vehicle that are considered "necessity" by you.

Also, I'm curious but very hesitant about an aftermarket radio. Is it even possible? I love the idea of a Carplay system but what about all of the controls such as heated seats and climate that the MFT system controls?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, hopefully in a bit I will be picking up my XLT from the dealership. I had purchased the remote start remotes off Ebay For $219 and they are supposedly activating remote start (as well as the 60,000 mile service).

Just wondering if there are any other mods/tips for the vehicle that are considered "necessity" by you.

Also, I'm curious but very hesitant about an aftermarket radio. Is it even possible? I love the idea of a Carplay system but what about all of the controls such as heated seats and climate that the MFT system controls?
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the 'Modified' section where there are many threads on 'mods' that have been done or are being planned. Good luck.

Peter

It appears it is possible to install an aftermarket radio.
Metra sells a dash kit.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120995828C/Metra-99-5828CH-Dash-Kit-Gray.html?tp=3486.

I'm not sure about all the controls.

Dont think they make anything for the MFT replacement yet.

Here is an interesting site. Note that the product shown is for non navigation equipped Explorers.
http://radio-upgrade.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=specials
http://radio-upgrade.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=83

Peter

Attention:
1. This radio only fit for Ford Explorer with standard radio, it can not replace the orginal factory Navigation radio.
2. This radio does not support factory backup camera(if your vehicle equips with it). You can install an aftermarket camera instead.
3. This radio does not support factory amplifier audio system.
4. This radio does not support XM/Satellite radio function.

So basically you are left with 4 speakers and sync with this upgrade....lol

Attention:
1. This radio only fit for Ford Explorer with standard radio, it can not replace the orginal factory Navigation radio.
2. This radio does not support factory backup camera(if your vehicle equips with it). You can install an aftermarket camera instead.
3. This radio does not support factory amplifier audio system.
4. This radio does not support XM/Satellite radio function.

So basically you are left with 4 speakers and sync with this upgrade....lol
Good to see that at least you found "the fine print" so to speak. :D

Peter

Back