Stock corners turned clear | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock corners turned clear

Thanks to Hartman for the write up on this one How to: Turning stock corners to clear corners

I figured it was time to mod the x, i've been wanting to go all out but being broke sucks, so might as well do some free stuff. I found this thread and gave it a shot and it turned out good! I did make a crack on the first one i did, and you can see where i siliconed the slot i cut out back on if you look close but i think this as long as ditching the roof rack made a huge difference cosmetically. Next up, swiss cheesing the air box, tinting the tail lights, and pretty soon lowering. anyway, if you don't have the cash or just like the better quality materials on the oem lights, i would definitely recommend this!

e5953b42.jpg

4f34e21d.jpg

Just remember everyone. You are required to have front side reflectors, so do it at your own risk. Don't make a cop want an excuse to pull you over.

Keep a few strips of 3M amber reflective tape in the vehicle. If you get pulled over for it, sometimes you can stick it on there and be good. Sometimes not and you'll still get a ticket anyway and have to go to court to show you fixed it.

Most cops are clueless about the actual laws and regulations on vehicle lighting though, or they just know about the red on the rear, not amber on the front. If you get pulled over just for that, chances are good you were busted by a REAL picky cop who knows a lot of really minor stuff just to have excuses to pull people over, and you'll probably be driving away with tickets for whatever other violations he can find. If you're really unlucky, you'll be going to jail and your ride will be impounded, just because they can.

I agree, and i'm going to buy another oem set so i can swap them out if it causes trouble but it shouldnt. You usually dont get pulled over for lighting alone, thats just what they screw you with when you get a pissed off cop pulling you over for something else

Back