Stock floored xploder | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock floored xploder

2 links are a horrable setup as well. But i dont want to get into it in his thread lol. If anybody is interested in suspension designs start another thread this stuff comes up on every forum out there lol. but anyways more pics!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ehhh they are if u need to hit sides, or articulate in any way shape or form haha. I was on a very tight budget (still am) when I built it, and it has been very good to me and handles amazing with no wheel hop at all. But yea, MORE PICS!

im gonna change the name of this thread to "lets knock the rear set up of a 19 yr. old kid" i did a reverse four link because I WANTED TO. i dont care if its the worst set up in the world. im not building a race car... just a weekend warrior mini truck. ok?! i was thinking... toyota engineered the whole "anti dive" thing into the front suspension... ie; the control arms are mounted on the frame at an upward angle. i figure with the ammount the truck weighs, the anti dive, and my driving habbits, im not going to have any issues with my rear set up. i dont own a shop, im not building trucks to satisfy other people, i have a garage to work out of in the woods and i build trucks for ME. when the truck is on the road if i ever see any of you in person, i will personally let you drive the truck, then we'll talk about the way it handles. until then, lets keep our negative thoughts about my sfbd to ourselves mmmmk. thank you.

chill out man nobodys talkin **** about your truck. Were talking about the engineering and handeling aspects of differnt types of links and how they affect the vehicle. And giving you this information before you get any farther into your build if you choose to use it or not.

As for the anti-dive it should be built into every control arm suspension not just on the yotas. Anti-dive does just that basically when crusin right over the ground if you had no anti dive in your suspension everytime you hit your brakes your front bumper would slam on the ground.

does the anti dive have anything to do with the rear end of the truck kicking up in the air during harsh breaking? idk man, i just dont understand why so many people have done reverse 4 links before...and still do. if it was that bad i would think no one would do then right?

I think most people that run them just dont do the propper research first. Just because some shops use them and 2 links dont make it a "propperly" designed suspension setup. Get on rangerpowersports.com in the adjustable suspension section post up there. The forums have alot more traffic and theres a couple other explorer guys that get on there. If you are interested in any more research also check out the ask max section on streetsourcemag.com

word.

Haha how bout an update on an old thread

Back