stock fog lights on 2000 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stock fog lights on 2000 explorer

weehouse

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello everyone
This is my first post. I would like to replace a broken fog lamp and I can't get at all of the screws that hold the valence. Can someone suggest the best way to get at the fog light?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you don't need to remove the valance to remove the fog light. just lay underneath the front bumper. seems to me there are 3 screws on top of the mounting bracket and 2 on the bottom. remove them and the light comes right out. one on the top is a bear to get at, because it's behind a bracket and you can't see it and can barley get a ratchet on it. the rest are easy. you don't say if you have a Sport, but I think in 2000 the 2dr and 4dr had the same front bumper.

I replaced one recently and decided to get a used on off eBay, as I wanted them to match, rather than have one new looking. I saw some for sale new for around $60 for the pair if you want 2 new ones, but I wouldn't want to struggle with that one screw twice.

Thanks for the fast reply! It definitely is the one behind the bracket that is the pain, I guess lots of patience.

Thanks for the fast reply! It definitely is the one behind the bracket that is the pain, I guess lots of patience.

yep. lots of patience. I thought about not putting that screw back in, but in the end I struggled with it until I got it. that screws turns a 10 min job into a 1/2 hour + job.

Back