stock HU problems:

izackary

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT
OK, so I was driving down the highway last night with the radio on but turned all the way down so i could talk on my CB. Later I shut the CB off and try and listen to the radio, but it's off.
I push the power/volume button...nothing.
I push the AM button....nothing.
I push the FM button....nothing.
CD button....nothing.
Tape button....nothing.
I can insert and eject CD's, but nothing turns on. I noticed a couple odd things: For one, the clock now only comes on when the parking lights or headlights are on, but otherwise is always off. Second, I checked the fuse and found a 25 Amp fuse in place of a 10 Amp! WTF?! This is possibly the first time I ever opened that panel. The fuse looked slightly discolored, but not close to blown. FYI, I have a '99 "Premium" system (level just below Mach).

Any suggestions?

Alright buddy...

I would look for either a short or a disconnection in the wiring harness, as you had the Scotch-lok connectors on there for the sony HU. It might be an intermittant short, with bare wire only touching when the truck bumps or vibrates a certain way.

How did you wire the CB in? Its obviously related here.

Since you can insert and eject CDs, the unit IS getting constant power. It's NOT getting switched power, when you turn the key to "on" or "acc."

Definitley pull the radio, and go over those wires with a fine tooth comb.

the CB is unrelated to the HU problems. But I agree on the splices. I was wondering that on the way home if there's a problem with the accessory line. gotta check it out tmw.

Back