Stock Looking Class III/IV Hitch?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock Looking Class III/IV Hitch??

lateralis7777

Reaction score
City, State
forked river, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited
Does anybody know where I can find a class III/IV hitch that mounts behind the bumper like the stock class II hitch? I've only seen ones that sit below the bumper, and they don't look as good!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How does the hitch work if it sits behind the bumper? Seems like the bumper would act as some sort of, I don't know, barrier restriction or something.

Get a Curt or Hidden Hitch.

j602 said:
How does the hitch work if it sits behind the bumper? Seems like the bumper would act as some sort of, I don't know, barrier restriction or something.

On the 3rd gen's they came with a hitch, stock, ususally incorporated into the rear bumper.

Now you can try to find a wrecked 3rd gen that has the Class III or you can get one from Ford. The latter being the more expensive route, but it may be your only option if you want the stock looking hitch.

j602 said:

i think he is referring to the hitches that have the reciever showing and accesible, but the rest goes behind the bumper.

I say keep checking Ebay for one. I got lucky and found a nice, new Ford class III on there for a good price. Some of them even come with the stock class III wiring harness too.
Good luck with your search.
Ken

Attachments

• 99.JPG
    99.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 230

Back