• Register Today It's free!

Stock Ride Height

2many

Reaction score
City, State
Somerset County, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT AWD SOHC
I have a 1999 SOHC AWD 4 door X and am trying to find out what the stock ride height is supposed to be in the front. Is there a factory ride height measurement from the ground to a framerail, fender lip, etc.?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is nothing in concrete. All Explorers varied slightly (with 2nd gens, via t-bar adjustment) in height in how they came from the factory.

if i come by one and i have a tape meisure ill meisure it for you :-S likly but posible...

explorer info

hey i dunno if these are the years your looking for but it might be of some help..

Josh :exp:

bump... ???

surely someone must know the stock ride height measurements to the fender lip.

What part of "There is nothing in concrete. All Explorers varied slightly (with 2nd gens, via t-bar adjustment) in height in how they came from the factory." did you not understand? Every truck is different from the factory.

Even if they were all identical from the factory, they would not be now. You drive and the suspension settles, the tires wear, you change brands of tires. Nothing would stay exactly the same.

Blee1099 said:
What part of "There is nothing in concrete. All Explorers varied slightly (with 2nd gens, via t-bar adjustment) in height in how they came from the factory." did you not understand? Every truck is different from the factory.
so your theory is that ford sent them out the door at any random setting "set them at whatever height you feel like assembly line guys" right...

just because you don't know what the setting is doesn't mean there isn't one.

2many said:
so your theory is that ford sent them out the door at any random setting "set them at whatever height you feel like assembly line guys" right...

just because you don't know what the setting is doesn't mean there isn't one.

yep thats how it works :rolleyes:

Brian_B said:
Even if they were all identical from the factory, they would not be now. You drive and the suspension settles, the tires wear, you change brands of tires. Nothing would stay exactly the same.
i am not asking what SHOULD my ride height be after this, that and the other thing. i am asking what was the target when ford screwed them together.

again, just because you don't know...

well your going to need to give more info then such as tire size becasue the explorers came with many diffrent sizes of tires and rims from the factory

Simple enough. Go ask ford. Otherwise forget it.

ohh dont forget the average temperature in your area as it can also effect the ride height, as well as your weight and how much gas you have in the truck

dman726749 said:
well your going to need to give more info then such as tire size becasue the explorers came with many diffrent sizes of tires and rims from the factory

okay, i have 235/75-15's. what's the stock ride height?

Don't forget the air pressure in the tires either. Shall we continue?

Brian_B said:
Don't forget the air pressure in the tires either. Shall we continue?
sure, feel free if you've got nothing else better to do than post useless replies that lack any information.

Brian_B said:
Simple enough. Go ask ford. Otherwise forget it.

so much for the resource value of the serious explorations message board. :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You were given two options above if you want to pursue this (for some weird reason) contact ford youself and let them tell you there is not one..........or 137cm which is 53.9370079 inches.

Back