Stock Subwoofer won't connect to aftermarket headunit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock Subwoofer won't connect to aftermarket headunit?

me97mountaineer

Reaction score
City, State
Edison, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mercury Mountaineer
I have a 98 mercury mountaineer and i just installed a new headunit and for some reason only one wire connects to the trucks wire harness from the new headunit wireharness, and the sub or subs in the back of the truck don't work.. is this normal not to work when you install an aftermarket unit? anyone fix it? did i lose my sub? thanks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When adding a head to a explorer system with a factory Sub you need to rewire the whole system, and omit the sub. Something with the factory system will not let a aftermarket work with a sub system. They don't even make an aftermarket adapter for the factory sub system.

Tim

sub wire harness

Go to crutchfield.com they have a wire harness to hook up your aftermarket receiver to run your sub Item # is 120705517 cost is 14.99 check it out.

94ZebraRanger said:
When adding a head to a explorer system with a factory Sub you need to rewire the whole system, and omit the sub. Something with the factory system will not let a aftermarket work with a sub system. They don't even make an aftermarket adapter for the factory sub system.

Tim

guess you spoke a little too soon :D

Check to find out if the HU is the Mach unit. If so, you might seriously consider trading for the later Premium version. The Mach radio has display problems, and the sub problem. The Premium version is much better for upgrading. Good luck,

bump

Back